Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:37 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
kaiser wrote:
have we all watched the video? Remember also that teams can be up a number of ways.


vid is cool- hope we get the same weather. Should be a good laugh and only 2-3 laps per person looks very doable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:57 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
need to have a swatch at the results from the last few years.

need to keep an eye on the NWA lot too, try and gauge their handiness/minceness.

Looks like the NE Yorkies are bottlin it though, kinda thought that would happen :roll:


:lol: can we provoke anyone else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:16 pm
Posts: 8658
Not watched the video as my mobile broadband cant really handle video and my work wont let us :(

What does teams can be up a number of ways mean ?. Teams up suggests to me that they are finished/kaput, east west communication disharmony ?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:48 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:02 pm
Posts: 5252
Location: Falkirk! But I am a Fifer so that's OK...
velomaniac wrote:
What does teams can be up a number of ways mean ?. Teams up suggests to me that they are finished/kaput, east west communication disharmony ?

I think Kaiser meant that teams can be made up a number of different ways. No disharmony, just the odd missing word :)

The vid's cool, but not required viewing. Kind of mellow vibe/promo thing for the race. Would be superb if we get the same weather as this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:54 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
zigzag wrote:
velomaniac wrote:
What does teams can be up a number of ways mean ?. Teams up suggests to me that they are finished/kaput, east west communication disharmony ?

I think Kaiser meant that teams can be made up a number of different ways. No disharmony, just the odd missing word :)

The vid's cool, but not required viewing. Kind of mellow vibe/promo thing for the race. Would be superb if we get the same weather as this year.


Thank you ZZ :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:11 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 3402
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Slightly OT but I've been thinking about entering my first MTB event (or even MTB triathlon) for the last few months but there doesn't seem to be any ran during the winter months and with my job i can't say for sure that i'd be here for 10 under the Ben, anybody know who runs events this time of year as i'm looking to give myself a goal to get fit for?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:14 pm 
MacModerator
MacModerator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:59 pm
Posts: 20771
Location: Sol Kitts
haggis wrote:
Slightly OT but I've been thinking about entering my first MTB event (or even MTB triathlon) for the last few months but there doesn't seem to be any ran during the winter months and with my job i can't say for sure that i'd be here for 10 under the Ben, anybody know who runs events this time of year as i'm looking to give myself a goal to get fit for?


Glentress Duathlons are on this time of year. Go to the Scottish triathlon site for a list of events. Have a look at Entry Centrals site too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:35 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 3402
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Cheers kaiser, those duathlons at glentress look just the ticket and i know i'm off for the one in January :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 pm 
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 am
Posts: 5502
Location: In the foothills of the foothills of The Cairngorm Massif :D
Strathpuffer is Jan/Feb I think but utter madness :wink:

http://www.spanglefish.com/Strathpuffer/

....and no I'm not. No way......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:31 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:11 pm
Posts: 8700
Location: DUNDEE
haggis wrote:
Slightly OT but I've been thinking about entering my first MTB event (or even MTB triathlon) for the last few months but there doesn't seem to be any ran during the winter months and with my job i can't say for sure that i'd be here for 10 under the Ben, anybody know who runs events this time of year as i'm looking to give myself a goal to get fit for?


there are a few scottish cyclocross events left too... you can enter on an MTB...

http://www.scottishcyclocross.org.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 47  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: clubby, kaiser, old_coyote_pedaller and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group