Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:29 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 1212  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:58 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

DaveDH has a few 'out there' runs up his sleeve he keeps suggesting to me. One in cairgorms area, one in dunkeld and further north area and another involves west highland way. He's done them before so the paths already been found. The cairgormish one involves a couple of river fordings and a loch completely surrounded by steep hills, that sounds out there to me :D

Another point, trainning for Dalby is going pants :( , ME keeps getting in the way, so i'm literally aiming for one lap, thats all :roll:

Finally what on earth are you two, Gaz and Kaiser on about, I often have no idea what the MacRetro chat is about. Whose Getting FAT, what are you lot on about :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:21 am 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

kaiser is getting fat- his latest aquisition is a fat chance wicked- getit? One of my dream bike makes- one day I will get my Yo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:35 am 
MacModerator
MacModerator

Anyone up for a jaunt on Saturday? Mark how is your shifts panning out? Velo would Carron Valley be ok? Means I could pick up Mark on the way. Anything though would be good, my back ups have buggered off to Ireland.

Did we come to a conclusion about SSUK traveling? I'll need to make space for the FAT too now :D

I've got a 'out there' route for Stirling, starting around Ben Ledi. Its a longun mind and theres one for Wanlockhead out of Drumlanrig too. Another longun though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:47 am 

don't think I can do owt on sat- wife is still struggling, I will have to keep any rides local :(

I am up for a car share with you kaiser to dalby but if that is going to be tight wot with the fat an all, then just let me know and I can make my own way down mate. EITHER WAY i DO LIKE THE IDEA OF HITTING NEWCASTLETON ON THE WAY DOWN- f**k CAP LOCK!

Only problem with out there is they could end up like jedburgh and much as that is cool with me some folks round theses parts do love the trail centre life :wink:

I like the idea of a long ride to- keep the fitness thing going before I go to seed in the winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:48 am 

looks like the GF is gone :( :(

don't know why I'm sad old bikes are shite anyway :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Hows about you guys having a few hours around Thrunton with me, Sith and some of the NE chapter enroute to Dalby? It's as good if not better than any trail centre with moorland, savage climbs, rocky downhills and miles of off piste man made stuff hiding in the trees. Much better than Newcastleton for sure.

Si

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:30 am 

I'm defo up for that- I have seen the piccies and it looks amazing- count me in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:47 am 

Whats the date and what time do you expect to arrive? If you're all up for it I will post up on the NE thread and try and get a decent turnout for your visit.

Si

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:54 am 

Recon it might take about 3 hrs to get to you? So prob aim for about 11 am start if that is ok with the others, will get a more definate time when we have worked out cars and such like.

Would be great to get two chapters together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 12:02 pm 

Is this on the Friday or Saturday Gazz? 5th or 6th??

Si

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 1212  Next