Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:41 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030 ... 1212  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:14 pm 
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 am
Posts: 5502
Location: In the foothills of the foothills of The Cairngorm Massif :D
I've never camped by bicycle before and admit the thought of lugging tent and gear doesn't appeal that much :?

However - I do have a Grot-Ex Bivvy Bag and am prepared to use it :D

Image

Approx 3,000ft on South Clunie Ridge a few years ago :D

Could be tempted by one of these 2 day treks...........


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:49 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12703
Location: Fife in Scotland
And women say men cant multitask heres Panda demonstrating how to pee and drink at the same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:11 pm 
MacRetro Deputy AEC
MacRetro Deputy AEC

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1883
Location: ahm a fifer neebur
ZZ started from Nethy Bridge, through abernethy forest, onto the ryan pass then down to Glenmore for some cullen skink!

then cycle path to Aviemore for a pint then back via road/cycle path to Nethy.

earlier this year me an the missus also walked up the nearby munro, Bynack More (turn off path just after ryovan bothy which is probably cycleable upto about 150m from summit which would be a worthy detour on bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:47 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
Mr Panda wrote:
I've never camped by bicycle before and admit the thought of lugging tent and gear doesn't appeal that much :?

However - I do have a Grot-Ex Bivvy Bag and am prepared to use it :D

Image

Approx 3,000ft on South Clunie Ridge a few years ago :D

Could be tempted by one of these 2 day treks...........


nice weener Mr P, looks salty.

I am looking at Arran for my first overnight mini adventure- I can bike to the ferry hop over the water and I fancy glen rosa cycle up as high as poss before giving the tent a trial and mibee push up to the top next day before a mess about on the trails we did with the arran mt bike boys, fish and chips and ferry home. Will look at the weather in the next few weekends....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:06 pm
Posts: 1852
Location: Roamin' in the gloamin'
keithyr wrote:
ZZ started from Nethy Bridge, through abernethy forest, onto the ryan pass then down to Glenmore for some cullen skink!

then cycle path to Aviemore for a pint then back via road/cycle path to Nethy.


Quite a nice route that. You can also finish by coming back over the Sluggan Pass. Comes through Badaguish and out on the road a few miles from Nethy Bridge.

Usually do that route the opposite way starting with the Sluggan, then round Rorhiemurcus, finishing with Ryvoan Pass. Gives a nice downhill back to the car.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:24 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 7:25 pm
Posts: 4977
Location: Edinburgh
All this Aviemore chat is making me consider expanding my 24hr challenge limitations. Still do a few of them but chuck in a couple of solo epics during the year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:50 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:03 pm
Posts: 1997
Location: Lanarkshire, Bonnie Scotchland
zz - nice blog that, nice read and some cracking pictures


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 pm 
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:03 am
Posts: 5502
Location: In the foothills of the foothills of The Cairngorm Massif :D
Christ aye - an that's it erect tae :facepalm:


RobMac wrote:
And women say men cant multitask heres Panda demonstrating how to pee and drink at the same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:53 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:02 pm
Posts: 5253
Location: Falkirk! But I am a Fifer so that's OK...
clockworkgazz wrote:
I am looking at Arran for my first overnight mini adventure- I can bike to the ferry hop over the water and I fancy glen rosa cycle up as high as poss before giving the tent a trial and mibee push up to the top next day before a mess about on the trails we did with the arran mt bike boys, fish and chips and ferry home. Will look at the weather in the next few weekends....

Solo effort Gary, or is there room in the tent for one of your lads?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:26 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:23 am
Posts: 15608
Prob could fit in a wee person but initially looking at solo as they generally come as a pair of wee dudes these days and that could be a bit of a squeeze!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027, 1028, 1029, 1030 ... 1212  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group