MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hopefully develop into a thread along the lines of what was discussed in the regional thread, discuss meets, last minute rides, ideas for future meets, swaps and wants, anyone wanting to tag along at some point, dates and general shit shat etc. Basically anything that sometimes can clog up the official meet threads though we should continue to do that too :LOL:

Update, now includes turnoots :D

Trumpton 6th of June
Dalby 6+7th of June
Glentress 5thJuly
Arran 2nd August
Raleigh Pentlands 16th August
Glentrool Big ride 3rd Sept
Innerleithen 12th September
Octoberfest 10th October
NWA Ride 21st November
MacRetro Xmas/Velo's Burfday 5th December

Great idea, I'm thinking of putting up a poll on who wants to see the future BOTM stumpy at the mext meet, what do you all think? ;)

Future BOTM stumpy must be at next meet or else we'll start veiwing it as a figment of Kaisers imagination much like the now debunked theory that AC did not really exist :LOL:

Also was thinking about future February meet, what about Arran ?

Park up at Ardrossan or Kaisers hoose and take ferry at £7.40 return, bikes free and do the marked blue or red routes, then hop the ferry back. All routes start and finish in Brodick where the ferry docks and we can feed and water ourselves on the boat. Make a good west of Scotland meet I'd reckon.

Cheers

Arran is super handy for me, so well up for that.

Dr S also mentioned about somewhere in the low country so that we can have a scottish/english meet, which would also be great- jedburgh might make a good halfway point?

Jedburgh is more of a possibility for me, although if it were a saturday run I could bunk at my parents in Dunfermline so Ardrossan/Arran might not be too bad, does it have any distilleries?.

Also it would be good to have somewhere to dump dry clothes for the end of the run if we don't have our cars.

Lovin the avatar Gazz :LOL:

Velo could be done, but might be better waiting for summer sailings?

Do we still fancy knocking off all the 7stanes?

If the stumpy wins it'll make the next macretro :LOL:

Do you mean the crossings can be a bit rough this time of year or are they just not that frequent?

I'm off to register on the site as a newbie x10 so I can vote for you Kaiser and make it happen- don't tell anyone ;)

The ken no probs with facillites :D The winter sailings are tighter for time, (I'll need to check the actual times) and can be cancelled due to adverse conditions. The conditions on the mainland can be totally different to whats on the island, Arran sometimes seems to have its own eco-system I've truly had the 4 seasons in one day over there.

Just checked and there not too bad, better than I remembered.

see how this works :?

winter-arran--ardrossan-brodick.gif

Eeeeeeee well chuffed with that :D

ps Gazz, no Carron Valley for me :cry: family birthday it doesn't look like I'm getting out of.

pps Velo have your crew voted for BOTM yet? :roll: :oops:

Back