The Great Cull of 2020

epicyclo

Senior Retro Guru
It's started!

But in the wrong direction.

N+a has occurred.

a? Well an additional bike is +1, so a whole motorbike needs its own variable.

I must plead innocence of intent. I was corrupted.

Or long story short, blame Jamie...

On the other hand it puts the pressure on to clear more space. Fatbike stuff will be up when we see a sign of snow, but for Jan/Feb I'm hoping to shift assorted Sunbeam parts, and an odd little testbed/prototype by Mark Sanders.

I'll give prior notice here before putting anything on eBay.

You've bought Mark Laidlaw's knackered old Vulcan?

:D

epicyclo":3i23wm4u said:
It's started!

But in the wrong direction.

N+a has occurred.

a? Well an additional bike is +1, so a whole motorbike needs its own variable.

Re:

Nearly bought an ex-polis R80 when I couriered in "Da Smoke" but saw sense and continued to use my Z1000J instead :p

Re: Re:

RobMac":aqve9cna said:
BTW what's your thoughts on the new 1800 Boxer thar BMW have bought out?
I like the look, but it's about 1,000 cc larger than it need be, and I've seen no mention of its weight.

The attraction of the old ones is there's nothing on them that I can't fix.

Re: Re:

epicyclo":pwwiofd2 said:
The attraction of the old ones is there's nothing on them that I can't fix.

It's the same with cars, recently got a 2007 Audi A3, nearly every electrical component on car when replaced or added requires the car's ECU to be told it's a new part/replaced otherwise it won't work properly. My old Passat had puddle lights in doors that came on when door was opened, thought I could just add them to Audi, fit and wire in. Naw, they have to be coded to ECU by Audi for loads of £s or you can buy a cable to plug in to ECU using a programme, VCDS, you can download for free from seller Ross-Tech's site. The cable costs £250 :shock: , after 2 or 3 visits to Audi when necessary it'll pay for itself. You can do things like preventing the rear wiper wiping window when you reverse with windscreen wipers on, normally handy but no when you've got a bike rack fitted, wiper just jams against it. You just use VCDS to tell ECU not to do it.
Why can't I fix it by hitting it with a hammer, it worked so many times on my auld cars. I like hitting things with hammers, it's so therapeutic.

Back