Over half way through the year and so far I've only bought

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Did a lot of wheeling and dealing last year, so was determined to buy only the essentials this year. Was on eBay for a non bike related purchase and noticed very little money left in my PayPal, so I totted up what "essentials" I'd bought so far this year.

1 pair of grips, tubeless repair kit, 11spd quicklinks, 4 sets of brake pads, chain degreaser and lube, matte carbon frame cleaner, shock volume spacers, new knee pads, riding t-shirt, 2 pairs of gloves and 3 spokes.

Apart from the knee pads (which replaced a 7 year old, well used pair) nothing cost more than £30, but it still adds up to a decent amount.

What have you bought this year and do you dare tot it all up?

Not telling and no.

Latest purchase was 1000 dog chews.

Jim Kerr would be proud.

Dog chew, forget about me.......

Code:
ROAD
Funn Bib Shorts
Michelin Pro Tyres    TOT £21.98	(includes £30 crimbo voucher)

MTB	
Rotor Bolts
Chainring Bolts
Grips
SS Chain               TOT £26.45

Gusset SS Sprocket	       £6.24

Lube
Stem
Inner Tube             TOT £22.96
All of the MTB stuff above got the Swift built back up as a single speed (£ 55.65), so that wasn't too bad
Code:
NW Chainring
M163 Shoes               TOT £69.98

Tenn Shorts                  £19.99

M530 Pedals                  £19.99

29" Tyres from clubby        £10
I make that £197.60 for the year.

Not too bad actually. Enjoying the new shoes the most, although they are a bit bright (white).

Re:

It's August so I've no recollection of what I've bought so far in 2017!! (A subconscious mental block I think :LOL: ).

Recently bought a new 11 speed chain.

And an old road bike.

So yeah, just the essentials... :facepalm:

Re:

A stupid amount but i have finished my last ever retro build, so v little from now on.

Back