RESCHEDULED - August Macretro/NW&W Road ride opportunity

jackosbournesnr

Senior Retro Guru
**** RESCHEDULED TO 19TH - 21ST AUGUST*****

Hi All,

I've just dropped an invitation into the NW and North Wales section should any of the guys based in Cumbria, Lancashire or Cheshire want to join me for a few miles of a charity "commute" I've got planned for the 11th-13th of August between my two places of work in Glasgow and Runcorn. Although the Scottish leg is on a weekday, I thought I'd at least give the Macretro crew the opportunity to join me.

I'll be leaving central Glasgow around 0900 on Friday the 11th and having for Gretna - all welcome at any stage along the route but would be particularly great to take a Scottish contingent over the border on the Saturday morning.

More details at http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0#p2766150

Re:

Great idea. What charity are you raising funds for ?
I may be able to tag along for a wee bit from Glasgow but not for long due to work. There are not many Retrobike/Macretro active members in the Glasgow area and I don't think there are many in south Lanarkshire or the border area so you may struggle to raise any company.

Re: Macretro/NW meetup opportunity

I'm doing it for 6 charities that my Glasgow office is championing in 2017. Any monies will be split equally between:

Transplant Sport
The Brain Tumour Charity
Erskine
Scottish SPCA
Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity
Beatson Cancer Charity

My employer has a foundation that will double anything I raise so even a few quid is worth the effort.

But...I'm really posting this here more as a Retro-ride opportunity rather than an appeal for money.

Anybody joining in would be welcomed, but I didn't expect much if any company on the Scottish leg as MacRetro seems only to be active north and eastern and very much off road focussed.

I'll hopefully meet up with a couple of the NW guys who are fairly active and of those I've met, a cracking bunch of lads.

POSTPONED

Kidney stone needing removed taking priority!

Have moved start to Saturday 19th. Would open another thread later.

Re:

Hope you get sorted. My mate said kindey stones are the most painful thing he's experienced.

Unfortunately I won't be able to join you on the 19th .

Cheers.

I'm sorted and currently lying in my pit at home. I was lucky and had visible warning so could get it taken out before it caused any more than a bit of "discomfort".

Sorry you can't make it next Saturday would have been good. I've lost my riding partner for the second leg too.

Latest posts

Back