Midsummer Macretro Munro Mounting Madness - Sun 25th June

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Macretro Munro ride has been touted for a few years but never happened, so this is the year.

Since I'm organising it, we'll chose the closest one to me - Mount Keen. It also has the benefit of being pretty accessible, doable on old bikes and not too tough. The return leg can be lengthened as required to include a loop I sent ZZ and Gmac round a few years ago.

Any takers?

Re:

I was literally looking at different routes up/around Mount Keen yesterday!
I'm in. I'll double check with work but I'm pretty sure I'm off that weekend.

Re: Re:

RobMac":swqjp7j4 said:
I'm not Munro bagging on a MTB so I can give a definite no from me.

It has to be one of the easiest Munro's to get up.
Besides, once you're at the top it's all downhill on the way back :D

jimo746":39ptggcf said:
RobMac":39ptggcf said:
I'm not Munro bagging on a MTB so I can give a definite no from me.

It has to be one of the easiest Munro's to get up.
Besides, once you're at the top it's all downhill on the way back :D

Exactly. Total ascent to top of Mount Keen is less than our last ride at Glentress with Kaiser and Velo.

Re:

It's a piece o' pish Rob, nae bother. Lorna and I did it 20 odd years ago, Oct 94, we had intended just riding in as far as we could, ended riding all the way to top.
We were up and back down at car in less time than Munro book says it takes to walk just to top. My bike was my Saracen TuffTrax Comp and Lorna had her Stumpy.
If I was to do it now though, there's nae way I'd use the Saracen, ma auld legs need all the the help of low gears on my "modern" bikes. :facepalm:

Edit tae say, it was a piece o' pish but that may not be the case now with me being in an advanced state of decrepitude. :roll:

old_coyote_pedaller":25cltdl2 said:
Edit tae say, it was a piece o' pish but that may not be the case now with me being in an advanced state of decrepitude. :roll:

If anyone feels the urge to pass away whilst we're on Mount Keen then rest assured you will be treated to a traditional Tibetan Sky burial :mrgreen:

jimo746":myu557a0 said:
old_coyote_pedaller":myu557a0 said:

If anyone feels the urge to pass away whilst we're on Mount Keen then rest assured you will be treated to a traditional Tibetan Sky burial :mrgreen:

Probably why the cairn at the top is so big :LOL:

Back