Any appetite for a ROAD RUN ?

Hawmaw

MacRetro Rider
Its a good few years since Macretro had a road run. We had a couple of trips to Arran , MrPs Killen ride and Velos excellent 3 Abbeys ride however nothing since.
I know quite a few of us have road bikes of various forms but not neccessarily retro.

I realise folks diaries are pretty full but I'm trying to guage interest in a spring/summer/autumn road ride. Probably a Sunday somewhere central. Perthshire? Auchterarder as a starting point maybe ?

If there's interest I'll put some dates for consideration ...

We did have an official Macretro road ride last year at Bonar Bridge ;)
The was from memory four or five of us.
central is all relative ;)

Jamie

Re:

I'd be up for that. Not used to anything over 40-50 miles though. Perthshire would be ideal, lots of nice roads around Crieff/Aberfeldy.

No retro road for me though, sold the Colnago last year as I wasn't using it.

Jamie, really do need to make an effort to head north this year. Will need to put something solid in the diary.

No, I am only mucking around :)
I am definitely up for a road ride, anytime actually. I think it is better down Perthshire way as there is far more chance of getting a better turnout.
We ride a lot of road stuff up here and it's usually just organised between Brian and myself, maybe a couple of others and a few times it's been us doing Audax stuff or things like the Loch Ness ride for velocity café etc. We should maybe try to put a bit more notice up on here so people could try and get up, but to be honest, most of the time we will ring each other and say this ride looks good, agree to meet up, but we both always know it depends on what happens on the days before whether we can get there. So it's informal usually.
I do like a run south to ride with my macretro brothers. I thought Mr Panda was going to put the Killin run up again this spring or summer, so if we can get two runs up in one season that would be great.

Jamie

Re:

I'd be up for this (fitness permitting that is :facepalm: ). Don't have a retro road bike though so would be on my modern bike, hopefully I'll have the new bike finished soon, hit a few snags when building it up as usual (plus going on holiday for a week didn't help).
I lived in Perthshire for a large portion of my childhood and have been meaning to get back and do some riding up that way, on and off-road.

Jamiedyer":17geatog said:
We did have an official Macretro road ride last year at Bonar Bridge ;)
Jamie

Sorry Jamie , I forgot about that.

highlandsflyer":17geatog said:
How about Kintyre?

I thought Perthshire , being the centre of the country , would be more easily accessable for most.

There seems to be some interest so I'll have a look at my shift roster and the missus list of forthcoming events and put up some dates in one o' those poll things if I can work out how to do it.

Perthshire would be nice. Somewhere with more cake stops than our Bonar Bridge one sounds good.. :)

I was thinking of something similar - Cuairt an Eilein Duibh, ie round the Black Isle across from Inverness. Start North Kessock (cake stop) and work it out from there, good cakes at Cromarty (personally tested), trying to keep mileage to something everyone would be happy with.

Re:

I'll keep an eye on proposed dates. The Concorde could do with a burly.

Back