Oor Wullie Bucket Trail - Binned due to lack of interest

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Just gauging interest for this at the moment.

Just launched in Dundee is the Oor Wullie Bucket trail of 50 statues. Thought it might be a nice family friendly day out. Most of them are within easy riding distance within Dundee, except for the awkward one out at Carnoustie Golf links. Would be a great opportunity to get the family out riding together, whether on their own bike or tag along. Meet ups could be arranged at various points with younger kids/partners. Plenty of time built in for picnic/cafe/ice cream stops.

Flexible on when, but over the summer would be best.

More info here. http://www.oorwulliebuckettrail.com

Untitled by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Re: Special family event - The Oor Wullie Bucket Trail

Sounds like a great idea. Heather is here and thinks its a great idea as well, so depending when of course, but we are definitely interested.
We would come most of the way down the evening before, maybe stay with family in Perth so we can be there early enough.

Jamie

Re:

Double checked and it's only running until end of August. We're off to Sweden at that point, so it would have to be 31st July, 7th or 14th August if we want to try it.

Let me speak to Mrs B, could be good fun!

Re:

We did a rather scary Minecraft Creeper version - it's not part of the trail but is in the gallery in the Overgate, goes on tour too.

Heather, Caleb and I are still up for this, just need at least a weeks notice to organise getting down.
Still currently on route home after a week or more away. Few days exploring Hadrians wall with the family then down to friends near Liverpool relaxing over the weekend and doing some sightseeing. Currently spending a few days canoeing on Loch Lomond.

Jamie

Re:

This looks like a good way to pass the time during the holidays. I'll run it by the kids ( not really kids anymore ) . Unfortunately I can't see the link as the web marshall at work has blocked it cause of the word "wullie" :D

Re: Family event. Oor Wullie Bucket Trail - 14th August

Ok, taken a punt and set a date for this.
A number of ways to do this depending on the mix of riders we have, so will firm up plans nearer the time. Mileage is very variable and easily tailored.
Route will be a mix of roads and urban paths/trails, so suitable for any bike. Some of the Wullies are inside, but I'm happy to wait with the bikes. A lightweight lock will be handy for cafe stops though.

Don't think we'll get them all in a day, as its a long day even with a car, but we can give it a good go.

Re:

I think this is a great ideal however my boy now has a charity assault course thing on 14th so we'll have to pass I'm afraid

Re: Family event. Oor Wullie Bucket Trail - 14th August - Update

Ok , who's up for this?

Was out today doing a recce of safer routes to get round some of the outlying ones. 19 miles and a fair chunk of climbing. Need an idea of the mix of riders to plan a suitable route we can all get round. This will also give me a chance to think of suitable places to meet up with any non riders and also bail out points.

Back