2016 plans - Calendar now on page 3

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok, it's time to start the annual discussion/argument about what we're doing next year. :LOL:

It's fair to say that this year's been a bit quiet round here, but those that have made the effort to get out and support the rides have had a great time.

Unless there are any major objections I'm happy to stay on as AEC, supported by Keith and FFTC. It would still be nice to have someone from out west organise a ride, even if they don't want to commit to a DAEC role.

As for next year, what do YOU want to do? More local stuff, multi-day adventures, trail centres? If we don't know, we can't organise it.

FWIW here are my thoughts....

Keep the main planned rides, along the lines of this year but with something slotted in for September-ish.
More local rides ( outside Fife! :D ) This means stepping up and showing us your backyard :shock: Doesn't need to be an epic big mountain adventure, just your local trails. Hopefully some more accessible rides will encourage some new blood along. Once they see just how unfit we are, there'll be less worried about joining us on the bigger rides.

So, jot down your thoughts and we'll see what we can do.

Re: 2016 plans

Some ideas

How about an overnight camp in peebles with a GT and Innerleithen double header weekend ?

Would love to do a munro by bike - maybe Carn ban more in cairngorms or similar

Loads of trails near Perth etc which we should explore more

I've got some lomond hills routes so thinking maybe a dawn ride to catch the sunrise would be quite smart

firedfromthecircus":tpemlr74 said:
We need a retro only ride. Maybes a retro loop in the Pentlands?

Sounds good, looks like we've a volunteer :p

Another for next year, an off road return to Arran. One of our earliest meets and ZZ's first as I recall was Arran. Dont go left on the cliff top trail was something to remember and the chips and cheese were splendid !!!

Oh aye and I'll volunteer to coordinate that one as I'm fond of the isle of Arran :cool:

Dunkeld will be late Feb this year I expect but I don't have dates set in stone as yet

Happy to run a GT / Inners weekend at some point, I've been doing the Inners XC a bit more recently - maybe not one for Rigids though

I've not managed to get out on a ride as yet but having met a few folks through selling bits am really keen to come along. Family commitments mean I'm tied up but a retro Pentlands ride or Glentress would be good

Back