South Loch Ness Spring Paddle

Jamiedyer

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Where are we up to on this? type bump
Maybe we can have a trial paddle in the spring, just out for a few hours, maybe at the southern end of Loch Ness to allow for the lowlanders to come. Just for a get together and see what the real interest is.

Jamie

^^^I have split this post out from the other thread as I think it might be an idea worth following up.^^^

This sounds like a good idea for a small get together and gauge interest type meet.
It is just a shame that it got slightly lost in the bunfight the other thread turned into.
So anyone interested post up and we can see if we can pull it off.

And lets keep it civil. We are all adults. ;)

I can bring 2 sit on tops, might need to bring the boys though and have a wee camping expedition. I have an inflatable open canoe but it's pretty slow. I'm away for the easter break so can't make then. What dates suit?

Re: Re:

velomaniac":ky3m2k6n said:
Its got nowt all to do with retrobikes though, the principal purpose of this site.
My tuppence ha'pennies worth.......I'll now go away again.

Ha! You're not retro enough :)

As we speak, I am preparing my retro paddler bike....

Of course, if we went a bit more modern

This Hobie trimaran has pedals :)

But on a serious note, I fancy this. How to incorporate the bike is another story...

I would be up for the weekeend camping as well. Bring Caleb for a camping and canoeing adventure. Or just for a day, either way we should do a short taster and then see if we want the bigger, harder one as originally proposed.
I dont think it matters if we just have a paddle in a specific area and bring any extra canoes or kayaks along for anyone that may want to try it.
Mid April might be a good time.
Velo, lighten up, really, whatever gets anyone out and active should be encouraged. We all get out and we all ride so doing something different can only make macretro stronger. As long as bikes aren't getting sold to feed a kayak fix then its all good fun ;)
Get a lift and join us Velo, I have space in my canoe.
And if Brian brings his paddle bike then it will be a macretro ride ;)
Remember we are all mates and this, like the last thread is ultimately so we can all get together and have some fun with our mates, lets not lose sight of that and let it degenerate.
I have a kayak and spare seat in the canadian available, lifejackets, paddles etc to suite, so there is 2 spaces on the water available for someone without a boat.

Jamie

Velo, if your outta here then go, dont let the door hit you in the arse.
Theres been far too much trolling already.

Jamie
(This is the heavily edited version)

The Ken":1tcph6xz said:
I'm away for the easter break so can't make then. What dates suit?

Easter is the first weekend in April this year and we have the Deeside ride on the 19th.
So the only other weekends in April are 11th 12th and 25th 26th, else it's into May, and I wouldn't be able to make the first weekend.

Might be pushing it for passes etc?

Maybe pick a date most of those who are interested can make?

So obviously Velo is not keen, but I think we have

Jamie,
Epicyclo,
TheKen,
OCP,
FFTC.

Any more?

Back