Dunoon mini sportive - 28th March 2015

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
One of the local area committees are putting on a 'Ride and Run' event on 28th March, which is being organised by No Fuss Events. There is the option for doing the ride only, which is good for me as I couldn't run the length of myself.

50km (31 miles in old money) and around 725m elevation, so wont be gaining GT stage status any time soon, but it is a loop I do fairly regularly and is a good run out for early in the year - especially if you go for any of the timed sections.

If you are nearby and at a loose end that weekend, might be of interest to you. I'll be there!

http://www.nofussevents.co.uk/event/Dun ... -Run/3000/

Re:

I liked the look of this until I checked the website. Despite the organisors saying otherwise it's quite obviously a race.
The 3 time trials kind of give the game away.
I'm afraid I can't climb nor do I time trial so I'll give it a miss

Re:

Hawmaw":lrzwdt6h said:
I liked the look of this until I checked the website. Despite the organisors saying otherwise it's quite obviously a race.
The 3 time trials kind of give the game away.
I'm afraid I can't climb nor do I time trial so I'll give it a miss
I think the event is really whatever you want it to be. There will be some folk who race, and others who enter just to complete the course. I rode that route quite often last year, so will be using the event as a target to get a level of fitness back before the better weather arrives.

There really is only one proper hill, and it is perfectly manageable - around 175m climb...the rest of the course elevation is normal undulation. Check my Strava (if you are on it) to see the elevation profile - I should be linked to the MacRetro Strava.

THE OPTIMIST IN ME WANTS TO TAKE THAT AS AN OFFER OF SUPPORT, RATHER THAN THINLY VEILED SARCASM. I WILL REMOVE THE OFFENDING POST.

Sorry for shouting.

Latest posts

Back