Baltic Bawbags - Sunday 22nd February

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
TK came up the weekend and I've picked the Sunday as I'm working on the Saturday. Hoping shoulder will be off road fit by then.
We know it's close to the rescheduled Glentress ride but no reason you can't do both.

Looking forward to everyone's spare parts builds! I know Zigag has finished, how are the rest of you getting on?

The date is good for me.

Not sure about the spare parts build thing as going by the reaction to DynaCols build I probably broke some (made up) rules. :facepalm: Hope to have the DB ready regardless, unless of course it is snowy. :mrgreen:

You made any decisions on the route TK? Traditional or new?

firedfromthecircus":2jb69ikb said:
Not sure about the spare parts build thing as going by the reaction to DynaCols build I probably broke some (made up) rules.
I don't care I'll be riding the Cheating-16R for this regardless what anyone thinks. :LOL:
For me this is all about building and riding the bikes I lusted after when I was younger but didn't have a hope of owning, not going to apologise for that.

firedfromthecircus":1ay8ord9 said:
Not sure about the spare parts build thing as going by the reaction to DynaCols build I probably broke some (made up) rules.
Now you've torn it :facepalm:

Re:

If I'm there as my attendance at Bawbags is poor I will be there on the 'Is It A Zaskar ???', which is an Apollo triple triangle that does indeed have stickers saying 'Is It A Zaskar ???' the only non parts bin bit :xmas-big-grin:
Just need to fit chain, cables and change rear axle to nutted as quick release doesn't suit flatplate horizontal dropouts.

I'll be there as usual. Not sure on what yet, as I have had a big pre Christmas clearout.

Jamie

Thinning out was really to bring in some cash, but equally to clear a few items that I had for the sake of having them rather than they were what I desired to build or ride, hard to describe really.
I have had a really bad year for my dogs health and lost my big boy Timmeu about 6 weeks ago now so have had a lot of bills, while he is/was insured and that will come back in the end, my other dog Star is not insured due to her past before we got her and is/ has been needing a lot of testing and medication. It just chips away at the finances thats all, no sob story or the like.
I sold the Colnago master, despite it being a work of art and a really beautiful frame, but, as I have found out in the past, I still go to, and most likely always will go to my Merckx. That was a hard decision just because of what it is and knowing that I wouldn't find better again and would never buy the same twice anyway.
I then put for sale my 52 Hobbs Blue Riband frame and fork. After the Colnago sold I was secretly sort of hoping that nobody would be interested, but typically I had a few people interested, mainly from one of the old steel roadbike threads I frequent on facebook, and alas it went off to a nice women in Ohio in the States for a price I couldn't refuse, even with a £110 shipping price. It was a truely beautiful frame but it wasn't my dream old frame so off it went.
I have been looking at a new build as Caleb wants to come touring with me and I am not sure what way we will go but I have been looking at an Xtracycle freerider, and building the frame with the top rail for him and the side rails for panniers rather than cargo bags and doing all the fittings myself, running boards etc. Then fitting this to the Long Haul trucker. A lot cheaper than buying a cargo type frameset.
So some funds will obviously go to a new purchase before the spring.

Jamie

I should be there riding my mates old M500 that I brought last year unless of course he wants to come too then I'll be riding modern.

Back