November ride - Falkirk Local Trails 30th

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Alrighty, after a bit of gentle prodding from Hawmaw... Time to organise a wee central ride. I'm thinking a variation on Zig Zag's local trails. Should be a wee bit shorter than last time, we'll not be going out to Muiravonside park, but following a smaller loop taking in the Falkirk Wheel (and the nice singletrack nearby), some of the Callendar Estate Trails (yawnsville, but handy for linking stuff up), the thrills and spills of the Mavis Bank woods 'DH' (ahem), then across to Callendar Park to finish on the lovely singletrack there.

Date: Sunday, 30th November
Place: Falkirk High Station
Time: 10.15 - 10.35 (Train from Edinburgh arrives at 10.34)

Lunch stop at the Milk Barn could well be a possibility.

This is one of the trails. It was taken last summer. It now bears no resemblance to the photo.

DSCF9119.JPG

Re:

Either weekend should be good for me, will see if I can drag a couple of mates along too. After getting a bit of regular (road) riding in this summer things have been a bit quiet on the cycling front the past few weekends so this will give me something to aim for to get my arse in gear again :facepalm: .

Re:

I'm working weekend of 22nd but then I'm on holiday for a couple of weeks so 29/30th would suit me as long as I can get a day pass

Re: November ride - Falkirk Local or Stirling North 3rd

29th or 30th (30th best) would suit me with Falkirk trails for preference if only because its easy for me to get too.
Sounds Grand !

Good stuff gents! If anyone wants to meet up at mine, drop me an Private Message. 5 minutes from the station... although it is all up-hill.

Back