Newbie in the Highlands

Yorkie

Dirt Disciple
Hi all
A quick hello from waaay up North. Have just started a full rebuild on an '83 Hirame road bike as my first foray into the wonderful world of Retro. Currently have a Giant Escape as commuter, Giant Defy as sportive/leisure ride, On-One Inbred steel framed MTB (allother parts transferred from my old Specialized Hardrock) and Ridgeback folder.
Currently, have had Hirame frame shotblated and repainted and am attending our wonderful Velocity bike cafe/workshop for wheelbuilding course.
Anybody else from the area, I would be delighted to meet up sometime with a possibility of rides and maybe sharing transport to other ride locations.
Cheers for now.

Welcome Yorkie, if you haven't already, get a build thread started over in the classic road section. There's a few guys up your way, hopefully they'll pop their head in and say hello when they notice the thread.

Yorkie":1af1tnl7 said:
Currently, have had Hirame frame shotblated and repainted and am attending our wonderful Velocity bike cafe/workshop for wheelbuilding course.

Did you get it sprayed locally?

Velocity is a nice spot right enough. We park down that way when we go into town on foot so it is a handy stop off for a brew before heading out of town!

Good luck with the build.

Yorkie":rlviocy2 said:
Hi all
am attending our wonderful Velocity bike cafe/workshop for wheelbuilding course.

How's the wheel building course? Had a look at the Velocity site as would be a nice skill to have. Spreading it over a Monday and a Wednesday would make it hellish costly for me though.

Re:

How's the wheel building course? Had a look at the Velocity site as would be a nice skill to have. Spreading it over a Monday and a Wednesday would make it hellish costly for me though.[/quote]

Am not doing course until next week (27th & 29th) but will let you know how it goes.

Zimbob, do you ever call in at Velocity?

I noticed a guy with a trailer popping in one time we were drinking coffee and eating cake!

:)

Welcome aboard Yorkie!
When I'm down that way I'll give you a shout and see about hooking up for a ride.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":1leg13dl said:
Welcome aboard Yorkie!
When I'm down that way I'll give you a shout and see about hooking up for a ride.

Jamie

That would be excellent Jamie. On or off road suits me. Will PM you with a 'phone number to reach me on.
Just to let anybody else know who might be interested, the whhelbuilding course at Velocity in Inverness was very good indeed. No hesitation in recommending it.

Back