Three Ferries instead (was Tour of Arran 2014) -Sept weekend

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
EDIT: despite original plans below, ended up doing the 'three ferries' loop (Colintraive-Rhubodach; Rothesay-Wemyss Bay; Gourock-Dunoon). Good ride, around 70km/900m.

Evening all,

I had mentioned in a previous post about doing a lap of Arran towards the end of "summer", and thought I'd offer it up to all. It's a great ride, some good climbs, and on a nice day it can be pretty spectacular. Dates wise, I was originally thinking of doing it the Monday (29th) of the September weekend, but more than happy to change dates to suit people's availability as I understand work might get in the way.

Ferry from Ardrossan leaves at 0945 and arrives in Brodick at 1040. Barring any catastrophes, I imagine we would aim for the 1640 ferry back from Brodick to arrive in Ardrossan for 1735.

Anyway, if anyone's keen post up here with preferred date, and we can take from there.

Cheers!

Re: Tour of Arran 2014 - date TBC

No one? :cry:

5b4.gif

I suspect the Monday's a bit of killer. Plus there are some of us who remember how bad the weather was last autumn when we tried this... :shock:

I've stickied it for you anyway.

Ha! Yeah I heard it was a bit mean last year! But, 'Rule 5', 'Rule 9' annaw that! ;)

Totally understand the Monday might not be popular, so happy to bring back into the weekend if it suits others better.

Cheers for the sticky.

Ach it was only a bit of rain and sleet and wind and ice and cold and hail and sunshine and thunder and more rain last year, apart from that it was a good day out

I'd be up for it again but can't commit until near the time

Re:

I am off that day but it would take a wee bit of organising to get the sprogs picked up. Let me get back to you, I've not been over to Arran this year and a wee loop would be just the ticket.

Re:

I fair enjoyed last years trip to Arran despite the rain , hail , wind and cramp and would love another trip however the September weekend is out for me. Working Friday, Saturday , Sunday and obviously the schools are off on the Monday so need to spend time with the family.

Re:

Sorry no can do for me, child minder on holiday so daddy day care in full effect.

Re: Tour of Arran 2014 - Sept weekend (flexible)

You trying to tell me you don't have one of these in the garage?? :roll:

six-kids-bike.jpg

;)

Back