Style over substance

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Ok so this is shamelessly inspired by a comment from Jimihendrix last night.
What bike do you have or would love to have even though you know it's not the best performing, but just because you love the looks?

We can also throw in lottery win cars as well.

For me bike wise it's be an original Slingshot. Completely mad but fab looking and just reminds me of the crazy experiments of the early 90's.
Car wise I'd kill for a Singer 911. Beautifully built and engineered. Ok so it's 5 or 6 times the price of a new 911 and can't match it performance wise but I just love the classic 911 shape.

One each per person please.

Re:

I'll have a Klein Adroit MC1 Rigid forks in Gator fade please.

Harsh as hell to ride, forced to run with Canti's so rubbish brakes, would be frightened to chip the paint or even get it wet so would really be a very expensive ornament (like all vintage Kleins really), but ever since a saw a pic in Mountain Bike Action (around 92) of a guy riding the above mentioned bike on a sunny dusty Californian trail i've thought they were the most amazing looking bikes ever.

Lottery win car ?, Lamborghini Miura SV (i'll have Jay Kay's please), cramped (look at the angle of Richard Hamonds legs in the below vid and he's only 5'6"), hot, noisy (glorious noise though), could'nt leave it parked anywhere, constant fear of it bursting into flames (like the one in London last year)

But the most beautyful car ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSj7GFLDhew

Rod Stewarts old Miura P400S is for sale at the moment just £899,995 :LOL:

Re:

Muira is nice but I can't get over the fact that the headlight surrounds look like cartoon eyelashes,
Herbie rides again!

Re: Re:

jimihendrix":1bt41ixs said:
........, cramped (look at the angle of Richard Hamonds legs in the below vid and he's only 5'6")

Its only cramped because he has short arms! You need long arms and short legs to drive any of the older Lambos - like most Italians! They're very comfortable if you're the right shape..... :LOL:

Jensen interceptor.

And a top end Moulton. So weird and expensive. Never ridden one but love the engineering.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 796
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 796
Re:

Bike: Zinn 753 with full Campagnolo, beautiful lightweight handmade frame, with beautiful bulky, clunky, overbuilt groupset but still looks like poetry in motion standing still ;)

Car: Jensen Interceptor SP http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9mSs2s9 ... HhtDNXPZM- Saw one when I was a kid and fell in love with it, brutal 7ltr V8, and an achingly gorgeous body, don't even get me started on that rear window :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ;)

Re:

Bike would have to be a Kirk Precision . Looks good , but , well shyte to own by all accounts . As for a car , a ratrod '34 Ford Coupe . Bone-jarring ride , and cramped but what a way to go :cool: :cool:

Mike McMurray

Re:

Bike - early/mid 90s Kona Explosif although I'd be happy with a Lava Dome, For road it would be one of my Flying Scots, albeit resprayed and lug lined.

Car - Triumph TR6 with a breathed on motor.

Motorbike - Triton to my specification

:xmas-big-grin:

Re:

May I change my car ? I'd like a Triumph Spitfire please , always liked them

Have to be open top though , as i'm 6'3 :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

Car - actually a souped up Morris Traveller would be nice too - love the back door action :D

Back