Peugeot Perthus rides again

FatMatt

Retro Newbie
My Peugeot Perthus. Just freshly rescued and ready to ride again. It was originally two Peugoet Perthus in different sizes. I took the best of each one and dismantled each part individually and refurbished and replaced. The only concession was a updated cartridge style bottom bracket, still have the original Shimano 600 one somewhere. Looking forward to the maiden voyage now.

Attachments

• Peugoet Perthus early Small.jpg
    Peugoet Perthus early Small.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,072
  • IMG_0011.jpg
    IMG_0011.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 1,071
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 1,072
Re:

Well done, looks great. Remember that paint scheme from my younger days. Don't worry about the bottom bracket for now, it can always be replaced at a later date. Usability is more important.
Now get out and enjoy the sunshine!

Around my way in my youth if you had a roadbike it was either a Raleigh or a Peugeot. Most Peugeot's had a paintsheme pretty much like that one and I've owned a couple. Hope its not got one of those ridiculously narrow seatpins, smaller than 25.4", its a pig getting a new one when they snap which quite often they do.
Nice bike, as Clubby says, get out and ride !

Just went for first ride on the Peugeot, I intended to go for a 'test' ride just to make sure everything was working ok. I ended up riding about 15 miles, just didn't want to get off I was having so much fun. The Shimano 600 is quiet and works like a dream. The frame is responsive but very comfortable, I guess due to being able to flex in all the right areas. I was thinking of keeping this as just a show bike and getting a modern carbon jobby, but I think it will be hard for a modern bike to live upto this.
Finally got the bike I always dreamed of but could never afford when I was about 12, its only took 28 years..not bad!

Re:

Us Fifer's are no like that, besides it looks to big for me.
AND Ive already got the cheaper model the Optimum.

You'd have a job getting hold of it anyway I'm on the first floor and the bikes in my living room, as you do lol.

I live in Nottingham, across the road from the original Raleigh factory(Now a university campus sadly). I would love to own a Raleigh 753 so if anyone has one spare lying a round there not using I'm a size 56cm?

Thanks for all the interest in the bike its great that its appreciated, I certainly do! one of the bikes was being left outside when I got hold of it and i think the other had been languishing in the back a dusty garage so its nice to see it back on the road, another one saved! need a new project now, am sure it won't be long before I find one.

Back