Summer BBQ ride - Poll

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Due to last winters felling, the BBQ ride will move from its spiritual home of Pitmedden to Tentsmuir forest in Fife. I know for those of you coming from the south or west it's a bit further but only by 20mins or so.

Tentsmuir is flat but fun. Lots of singletrack options and suitable for all ages and abilities. Even Rob enjoys it :LOL: For those with family it's a perfect ride to bring them along, and if they don't ride there is a massive beach and good play park to keep them amused.

I know summer is a busy time, but I've picked one weekend with three options.

Friday night.
Saturday afternoon/evening
Sunday.

To avoid seeing BBQ again all over the trail, we will ride first then cook.

I hope as many as possible can make it.

i think i need to be back in dunfy on the sat night around 7 latest so either the sat afternoon (which would be braw) or the sunday. voted for sat pm.

Need to play this by ear, got visitors over from the States arriving on Thursday 31st, so will be tour-guiding at some point over that weekend. If I can make it, I will but best assume not.

clubby":18n5444i said:
Good to hear Jim, when you back from Kenya?

11th July, gutted I'll miss the TDF near where I grew up around Leeds, but that's life :roll:

If Tentsmuir is fairly flat then I'll be on a retro bike for sure :D

Re:

Very retro friendly. Short sharp ups, but total climbing only around 100ft per ride.

Re:

Well that didn't go well. Not much interest at all, I suppose summer is always a busy time. Not much point in a barbecue for a couple of people so we'll shelve this one for another time.
Don't want to waste the weekend though, so still going to put a ride on the Sunday. Thinking of doing a bit exploring in Perth and up Kinnoull. Ridden there in the past but there were some new trails in last autumns enduro that should be worth checking out.

Back