Velo riding less with MacRetro

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hello Everyone,

I've found a level of cycling that suits my mindset and level of fitness more than many mtb runs i've done with you guys to date. Nothing wrong with the MacRetro way I hasten to add ! I organise and ride in groups that mainly stick around my home area of the Lothians and near Fife. Thus I dont see me being at many MacRetro gatherings further afield. I cant really do backwood epics or weekends away or trips much further afield than my area as they all leave me too knackered. Fitness is as usual letting me down but cant see it improving either. Stupidly signed up for SSUK but as it slowly approaches I think I must cancel as it will kill me :roll:
I still plan to do my DAEC/Moderator bit for MacRetro sub forum but only intend to attend very few proper meets.

I think a ride down your local area might be in order mate.
Best to slow down, regroup and then see what the future holds, situations always change, thats for sure.
Just look after yourself and hopefully we will catch up soon.
Jamie

Glad you're still staying involved with the forum V - it's what brought us all together in the first place. Things change and I know we're all aware of it - We've had some laughs, ridden some fantastic trails and I'm pretty sure there's still more to come.

PS. I'm still planning on getting along to one of your 'locals' - please keep posting them up, honest I'll show up one day :)

I realised after Drumlanrig that its now getting like that point where knowledge of the hangover to come curtails your boozing, a sign of age perhaps. Thus if i push myself too much on the bike i'm wrecked for a much greater period than the ride itself.

Next local rides I'm leading are around my local trails on Sunday 22nd June and around the trails of Southern Edinburgh which is graded easyish on Sunday 13th July.

Cheers

Re:

Please remember that it's not either or, Velo.
You're still coming to the Glentress annual aren't you?

If I can con one of you into giving me a lift I'll be there, nudge nudge wink wink :LOL:

I organised the first one and thus formed this plucky band. I created the monster......MOOOWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :roll:

Back