Proposal for Summer Epic - Strathpeffer and Contin Area

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Those off you who puffed probably realise that up there the scenery looks pretty good and good mtb'ing is to be found. Also jamie and our new found comrade Epicylo are up there but need to travel far to see us, a feat we dont generally reciprocate. thus I and TK were thinking what about planning a summer/Early Autumn epic up in the Strathpeffer/Contin and north generally area. We could of course make use of jamie and Brian's local knowledge plus we could let loose our rugged fat type bikes and 29ers loose far from the eyes of the retro purists.

Does this seem a good idea and if yes let the planning and silliness begin :LOL:

Sounds good to me, not ridden up that way yet would be a fitting venue for our epic and may suit some of the more Northern Retrobikers as you say.

If there were enough people, I'll approach one of the local community halls to see if we could bivvy in it for the weekend. Save carting a heap of camping gear up.

I could also (if I'm here) pick up folk from the Station in Inverness in my van.

Epicyclo, I know whether your here or away is probably very fluid at the moment but knowing when you are here might sway the choice of date.

Back