Fork blasting/spraying in Glasgow area???

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Evening all,

I've got a couple of sets of Bombers, and some Judy DH's in the shed all in varying states of butchery. Had bought them all around summer time when I had loads of time, and had the best intentions of stripping the knackered paint and respraying. Fresh springs and decals are all sitting waiting, but the arrival of a baby daughter in September (which I'm not complaining about btw! :LOL: ) means that that idea is well and truly out the window.

So, plan B is shipping them off to somewhere nearby for blasting, painting, and lacquering. Anyone know of anywhere in Glasgow area, or west of Glasgow that they would recommend? What kind of price should I be expecting?

Cheers,
Fraser

Not sure anyone does all that inhouse in the Glasgow area. There are a few powder-coating companies who will blast and powder-coat but I've not heard of any paint shops that blast. There is a blasting company in Barrhead that I've used before but that was for cast iron so you would need to speak with them to see if they have a suitable medium for blasting your items

Blast Off Scotland Ltd
99 Blackbyres Road, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, G78 1TN

Yeah had a quick look online but couldn't see anything obvious. I'm thinking maybe a motorbike/car body shop must have contacts for stripping and recoating parts. I had chinned my local garage about it, but the guy didn't fill me with confidence whe we were talking about masking etc. :?

Back