2014 - Rides Planning / Suggestions

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Are there any MacRetro plans afoot for 2014? Any epic ideas or owt? My diary seems to be filling up at an offy rate!

Re: MacRetro chat and rides thread

We need a spring epic weekend to look forward to - what would Torridon to Ullapool offroad be like?

I guess I need to plan the Baltic Bawbag too - but with the puffer on I'm not sure which week to go for.

Agreed about a nice Spring epic weekend to look forward to TK. Also something in September would be good too.

Let's not forget the rides we missed this year - Shed's Devils Staircase / Kinlochleven extravanganza, plus clubby's Glen Clova.

Up for a spring weekend, just don't make it May this year!

I'd like to see if there's interest in little biking packing adventure, possibly an overnight kit test event with a view to tackling longer route

and more hills, last years winter cabin fever focus was munro biking, and with one thing or another I only managed 3 trips/hills

gmac123":29c70420 said:
Up for a spring weekend, just don't make it May this year!

I'd like to see if there's interest in little biking packing adventure, possibly an overnight kit test event with a view to tackling longer route

and more hills, last years winter cabin fever focus was munro biking, and with one thing or another I only managed 3 trips/hills

Sounds good to me, I never managed any hills! I'm rolling last years stuff into next year. I'd be keen to resurrect the non starting friday night bivi idea as well, just the wrong time of year to start it really.

For information, already touted a bit are....

Strathpuffer (Kaiser, Jamie, epicyclo, ZZ and V supporting)
SSEC (Kaiser and Jamie)
Bravo Scotia ( Eh some aye and some naws!)
10UTB (Kaiser, Velo, Keithyr, Clubby, ZZ)

I know Velo also mooted the '5 (or however many?) ferries' road ride starting at Ardrossan as something he fancied. On a good day that'd be a cracker.

Back