MacRetro One Ton Club

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Sign up to cycle a 100 mile or kilometre ride a month. Starting just the wrong side of summer unfortunately but if it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing :) The idea behind it is to get a bit of distance in either by yourself or by joining up with some others. Theres no need for invigilation, its here merely to act as inspiration and get you out the door. So sign up state your target and we'll see if we can do it once a month for a year. Discuss away as its all a bit ad lib at the moment.

We could either start in October or we've still got a load of September left, might as well get off to a flying start.

Isnt doing umpteen 100km rides something like Audax, getting your Brevet Card or some such thing.
I'd love to try getting a few 100km rides in but realistcially one a month will not happen :oops:
Nice idea though, we should get a prize sorted for the person who gets the most hundreds done between this September and next September :)

velomaniac":119vlgz0 said:
Nice idea though, we should get a prize sorted for the person who gets the most hundreds done between this September and next September :)

Can I join in with my 800 to 1000 miles per month? :shock:

We could try using alternative units of measure if lazy. A hundred furlongs is just over twenty miles :LOL:
Alternatively if a Km is too short but a Mile is too long try a Sheppey defined as about 7/8th of a mile or the minimum distance a sheep still looks picturesque (you have Douglas Adams to thank for that one) :D

Sounds good.

Does doing it on the road count?

Here's my September effort: 102 miles Coast to coast and back (Dingwall, Ullapool, Ledmore Junction, Bonar Bridge, Edderton) Ran out of daylight or it would have been a bit longer.

We are put to shame, he has a father christmas beard and yet he rode that roadster behemoth over 100 miles in one trip !

Indeed! Truly a hats off to you, I was going to shelf this till next year but I guess I'll need to get out there now :)

Latest posts

Back