Sunday 8th September - Ochils Hills tour and exploration

keithyr

MacRetro Rider
nice route taking in 4 of the Ochil Hills near Dollar was in this months MBUK comic and looked a good old school ride. thought this would be a good alternative to Kelty/Lomonds for a change.

17miles and over 1000m climbing, with apparently a "brutal" climb and some sweet descents off the hills.

so meet up in Dollar on the main street (called bridge street) at junction with east/west burnside (ample parking from memory). Meet for approx 9.45am and riding 10am ish. (can tweak times to suit the massive).

If weather is poor likely to cancel as will not be any fun in wind/rain/low cloud as the hills are wide open and pretty exposed. Fall back would maybe be a revisit to cambusbarron woods/north third reservior loop.

Post up if interested.

I think the initial climb (Silver Glen) up out of Tillicoultry is a right bastard. On the plus side, there's a nice wee cafe in Dollar next to where we're parking for some post ride cakery. Looking forward to this.

aye same here. me and my mate gary coming through.

Rob - you wanna drive to mine and just take my car through if ye fancy this ?

Keith, do you reckon this is retro friendly then? Though I'll probably be bringing the fat bike.

Latest posts

Back