Sunday 1st September - Arbroath chippy run

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Been talking to Rob about a ride next weekend, so I may as well put this up for masses.

We'll make this a later start than usual, say 11 o'clock at mine. A quick scoot along the coastal path into Arbroath, round the cliffs, through the woods, round more cliffs, more woods, golf course, optional tourist excursion to the graveyard where Billy Connolly lost his virginity, bmx track, chip shop for lunch, then return to mine for teas/coffees.

It's about a 30 mile round trip depending on route. Less effort on a 29er or hardtail, doable on a cross bike or even a hybrid with a bit of bottle. Any bike would be fine though, I did a version of this on my fat bike that ended up 38 miles.

I would love to do that but alas my calendars full for that weekend. I'll get to your end of the world one day Clubby as it looks good.

Baws, 21st in Dundee next Sat and wont be fit for this. Might stick a bike in the car on the off chance since up that way but a very doubtful from me.

But I can def vouch for how good the run.is well worth the trip.

Will get up another time clubby.

Sounds like a nice ride but work beckons I'm afraid.

It's a good ride, but hard to justify the drive from yours even if you weren't working.

Was a grand day out, if a little windy. Stayed away from some of the more expose cliff sections, but I did let him explore my big dark hole :shock:
Legs still buzzing from nettle stings.

Route here.

http://www.strava.com/activities/79279721

Just need a bigger turnout next time. Time to re-ignite the keep Retrobike out of Fife campaign. :p

"Killing Rob" what a way to treat a elderly member of the MacRetro community, day yeah have no shame? :facepalm:

The last time I experienced wind like that was in Keiths tent at Aviemore :shock:

nice to see clubby gave ye a good hard ride........
telt ye it was a good trip mind you would not be nice in the wind.

how would ye's fancy an ochils tour next sunday (which are in stirling/clackmananshire).

Back