MacRetro Strava

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone else doing the July dirt challenge? I could set up a MacRetro club anaw if anyone is interested, me and clubby have had a good laugh doing the June one, certainly helps get you out the door.

away on hols for 2 weeks in July but this could be the motivation to get me out the tent early of a morning whilst in Aviemore/Glencoe.

aye set up a macretro club.

Gonna make a start and post up for pitmedden on friday night again this week (mind you to beat you pair o roasters i think i wid hiv to cycle to pitmed from ma hoose each time)

really need to get a proper smart phone, the works free issue crackberry has no GPS :cry:

Gmac I use one of these

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... &langId=-1

Tried using Strava on my iPhone but it devoured the battery, plus didn't really want to bolt it to my handlebars.
Macretro Strava group would be good. I admit that it's another layer of faff to your riding but I does inspire you to get out when you can see all your mates are riding more than you. Also lets you see improvements or not in your riding when comparing your regular ride segments. My local climbs are still hurting as much but at least I can see I'm getting quicker up them.

I use it on my samsung galaxy and if you put it on flight mode it will last all of my admittedly short rides but a dedicated unit would be good, just cannot justify the expense. Also means I can call home if I come a cropper too :LOL:

Don't really like the challenge things so cant see me signing up to that but a retro group would be cool. I agree, it really has forced me out when I see others owt and about and I like the website format so it is a big thumbs up from me- looking forwards to using it to explore some bits close to our cottage on Skye next week.

been tempted by a garmin for some-time, unfortunately I went the cateye way a few years back which is great albeit lacking GPS. when you consider adding HRM, then second bike kit etc it all becomes a little expensive

The initial outlay does seem a lot but by my reckoning and having loads of bikes it works out cheaper, or maybe reasonable would be a better description. Swapping between bikes is very easy and mounting kits are cheap enough, remember there is no cables. The biggest boon though is being able to upload all your ride data, Garmin connect and strava are wonderful, and as mentioned really do help you get out the door. G think of it as a dropper type accessory, costly but worth it.

totally with you, unfortunately my current bank balance isn't.. one of these days I'll get it sorted out. I'd love the garmin connect just for the stat's and the training log, that would motivate me out the door and keep me honest, and the strava sections would be a great added bonus - as well as comp's like this...

I use a cheap old SE phone which wont run Strava but does run Map My Ride. I then use a programme to transfer the data over to Strava. The phone will run for 4 hours+ with MMR.

Back