4 Abbeys National Road Ride Details Anounced

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
The run has been practiced, written and details posted in national road rides announcement.http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=265135
So get your names down and road bikes fettled :D

Just to make sure I know the route for the 4 Abbeys I'm having a practice circuit of the route starting from Melrose on Sunday 21st July in the company of some of my work coleagues. Anyone who cant make the Retrobike Official run on Saturday August 24th but would still like to do it feel free to join me in July.
I'll post up exact details closer to run.

Cheers

Re: 4 Abbeys Practice Run

Not around for the practice and in the lakes the week before, Still up for the 4 churches and poss GNBR the day after. Bianchi Equipped :D :D

Meeting at Kelso Abbey on bike ready to ride between 10 and 1030am on Sunday 21st July. Lunch stop probably in Jedburgh. Likely ride clockwise, there are a few short steep hills, mostly on quiet B-roads. Could be a warm day but rain always possibility in Scotland.
Post up if interested but 7 of us from my work will be riding anyway.
Cheers

Completed it yesterday. Brilliant scenery bathed in sunshine. Tough hill climbs though, some long others short and sharp. It was a tough old day and I fear tougher for the national as my group were not exclusively skinny tyred road bikes.

I'm looking forward to this although having read the aftermath threads for the last couple of road nationals in Englandshire it appears they have turned into all out chaingangs !

Four Abbeys is easy to follow, just follow the arrows. I'm running at my own pace, I'm a tourist not a racer. If they want to do full peleton heads down stuff, good luck to them. I'll follow up as sweeper. :)

I intend to make it clear this is a tourist loop not a TDF stage. Further I will point out I have mild ME and I'm not knackering my health for their pleasure. If next year they want a faster circuit in Scotland then I'm handing over reigns to Kaiser, ZZ or Rado :LOL:

Aye the turnout so far is poor to very poor. Unless there's a last minute rush I fear this will be the road ride equivalent of our Aviemore run. There's no excuse for Englanders this time, Jedburgh for examples no more than 10 miles from Englands border :roll:

Back