Huntly (Aberdeenshire) Bike Week - June 2013

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi folks, just to let anyone know that might be interested, I'm organising a cycling event (not just a bike ride) during Bike Week, in Huntly Aberdeenshire.

I'll post more info here as it evolves.

At the moment things kick off on Saturday 15th June with a Cycle Roadshow at the park where you can try out a few unusual cycles in a safe and fully supervised circuit, also there will be a Bike Doctor offering free advice on maintenance and repairs and hopefully actually doing some basic work for free on any bikes of folk riding to the event. There will also be a stand manned by the folk from GetAbout, regarding sustainable transport in the local area.

Plans are to also include a Bike Skills coaching session, and Skills Displays by local cyclists, Guided Rides starting from the town etc.

The event is in its second year, has a presence on FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/huntlybikeweek, Twitter @huntlybikeweek and email huntlybikeweek@hotmail.co.uk

The event is organised by me and this year some funding is being provided by the council but there is NO CHARGE to come along. If you want to know more or even fancy helping out please let me know. If you're interested but can't make it please do let others know that you think might be interested in coming along to.

The intention is to raise the profile of cycling in and around Huntly for all, locals and visitors to the area alike.

I normally go to the local bike week events and the one in Aberfeldy the day before the Etape - great fun and the kids love it too, I'll try to get up there if I'm free.

Would be good if you could. It is small scale, in it's second year and organised almost exclusively by me, so please come with suitable expectations. I'm good at this promotional bit aren't I ? ;)

Back