Glen Doll ride 20th April - Postponed

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Some of you might have seen this on the calendar and I've spoken to a few others about it, but here's a bit more info for the rest.

For those that don't know, Glen Doll is at the upper end of Glen Clova near Forfar. It's my old school hunting grounds with loads of good big rides and a few Munros. The ride we're doing (unless the snow doesn't clear) is my favourite loop from Glen Doll car park, up along the river to the bridge at Bachnagairn, hike a bike up to the shepherd huts, along the plateau then down to Loch Muick, round the loch then back to Clova via Capel Mounth. It's a good mix of landy tracks, rocky stuff, singletrack and massive descents (and climbs). Choice of descents into Glen Muick, either by the Streak of Lightning or the Zig Zags, we'll decide on the day based on trail conditions and reckless bravado. Just remember the last ride I led someone fell off a cliff and landed in a tree. It'll be an all dayer with no facilities on route (but great food at clova hotel on the way home) so pack your sarnies. The plateau is the point of no return, once over that the detour back to the cars is a 60 mile road ride, so bring a bike that'll hold together (TK :p ). I've been riding there since 1990 and it's very retro-able as long as your brakes are well adjusted.

More details nearer the time, get looking on google earth for a sneak preview!

Re: Glen Doll ride 20th April

clockworkgazz":3vduju2s said:
fitness and football allowing, this is my kind of deal so prov yes from me :cool:

Don't worry about fitness, I've guided all sorts round this route. It's a slow burner of a day rather than a power-fest. Longer days mean we'll have plenty of time.

Re: Glen Doll ride 20th April

seeing as rob has groomed me, i'm in.

id better get the cambusbarron ride sorted as well.

Back