Cambusbarron woods & north third - new date SAT 20th APRIL

keithyr

MacRetro Rider
I'm through at a mates on saturday night for meal/drinks and hoping to entice him out of retirement to do a ride out on the sunday morning.

they stay in Cambusbarron so gonna have an explore in the local woods where there are meant to be loads of good trails.

any of you guys ridden there and can give me some info on trails ?

all going well and if its decent riding, will try to organise another weekend retromeet if any body fancies it.

found some good infor on mtbtrails also.

Re: Cambusbarron

Did North Third via Cambusbarron a couple of years ago, although I made the mistake of heading through the quarry and the wee jump park bit instead of up and through the woods. If you do make it down, the North 3rd cliff route is a real head trip - I found it really difficult to ride a lot of it with the trail being right next to the edge, although I was single speeding which didn't help with slow speed control and confidence. The final section of North 3rd trail does flow well though once you get away from the cliff (I did it clockwise)...

Am intersed in this as well. How long is the north third route please?

had a good day up there today.

did the same as you ZZ up through the bike park and quary.

north 3rd is good though lots of trails in there i think and worth an exploration.

the cliff top trail is a cracker, real technical single track descent with the head f#ck of that cliff beside you.

spent 3 hours exploring, maybe worth a wee retro meet to do some further exploring ?

I'd be up for that. Heard about area before but never had any local knowledge.

braw will organise it for a weekend mid-end March.

some crackin riding to be had in there and lots of exploring!

Re: Cambusbarron woods & north third - sunday 31st March.

ok guys, got my finger out and set a date for this.

bit of exploring of cambusbarron woods followed by cliff top trail in north third and round the reservior, then to finish off, one of the best technical descents i've done in a while. bit fun in quarry jump park for thoe into that kinda thing.

probably 3-4 hour run time nothing too demanding as overall height gain is approx 200-300m distance approx 16k.

guaranteed to get lost at some point also.

probably aim for a 10-10.30am start.

post up if interested.

Re: Cambusbarron woods & north third - sunday 31st March.

Aye, sounds likes plan.

Back