Lake District National - 23 March

Hawmaw

MacRetro Rider
Anybody planning to head down to Coniston on 23 March?

I would consider it if I can get a pass for the day and could get a couple of others to car share.
According to RAC route planner it's 150 miles / 3 hours from my place in Renfrew.

It would be a down and back on the one day for me.

Just gauging interest meantime ....

It would be nice to support our friends from the south , after all we would like them to come up for our national.

173 miles for me.
Not sure but it is on the radar. Too far for a day trip for me so would need to head down on the friday or come back on the sunday.
I will give it some thought. ;)

I did Fort William with Gazz in a day trip a couple of years ago and that was a bit much with the driving/length of day.

We stayed in a great Youth Hostel when we were down at Coniston, ZZ booked it so he'll remember the details ;)

Its a cracking good ride, lovely mix of stuff. we stayed in YHA, but I seem to remember when chatting to our English brethren in the pub that there were decent B & Bs for not much more than the YH. I'd do that the next time. Hmmm, something to think aboot...

I will be there, he said but based on BB fail who knows :roll:

I hope to attend the meet and the roadbike meet later in the year as I can never get enough of the lakes :roll: :D

I'm on holiday when the Lakes Road ride is on however the mention of the passes fills me with dread. Having done Wrynose , Hardknott , Kirkstone etc on my motorbike the thought of cycling up them scares me :shock:

Back