Thinking aboot one of these road bikes suggestions?

Ok temped to buy one but funds are really limted! hoping some pennies at Christmas will go a bit of a way to funding it so thinking of either decathlon triban 3 which has got fantastic reviews for a £300 bike but is the triban 5 any better at an extra £200? The Whistle does look nice with the colour schemes though

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-id_8167038.html
zoom_400PX_asset_39946929.jpg

Or the whistle modoc, I've found it online for around the £300 mark
1349260482181-1474vks3p8nl6-670-75.jpg

http://www.bikes2udirect.com/bikes_html/images/items/B4032.jpg
321_WHISTLE_MODOC_FLAT_BAR_Lincoln_Bikes.jpg

I've got a two-year-old B'twin Sport 5. Basically an older version of the triban 5. For my 500 notes I got a hydroformed aluminium frame with carbon seat stays, a carbon fork, 10-speed Campag groupset and a Truvativ triple chainset. Oh and a set of lights thrown in too.
The bike has been completely faultless and has racked up many, many miles. When I can get the wedge together I'll be going for a full carbon B'twin bike. ;)

velomaniac":1f1hlkyr said:
Go B'Twin, its got a triple chainset, untill your a superfit you'll be glad of the granny gear ;)

I was thinking of raping the triple chainset off my sirrius to fit on the Whistle ;)

Looked at the carbon one in Decathlon at Easterhouse looked really nice and change from 1K
Heard loads of people say good things about the Triban but I do like the colours/look of the Whistle!

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":13wbkppf said:
I was thinking of raping the triple chainset off my sirrius to fit on the Whistle ;)

Looked at the carbon one in Decathlon at Easterhouse looked really nice and change from 1K
Heard loads of people say good things about the Triban but I do like the colours/look of the Whistle!

Bear in mind you'll have to change the brake/shifter on it if you do that. And those roadie ones aren't cheap, even the Sora ones.

Baron von Trumpen Bottom":3ulcgjsv said:
velomaniac":3ulcgjsv said:
Go B'Twin, its got a triple chainset, untill your a superfit you'll be glad of the granny gear ;)

Its the best way.The basic model gives you the vast majority of the bits and you change as needed.
An idea would be to take the bits off first that you want to change then you can sell them as new or new other on ebay.Freeing up funds for other more useful bits

I cant make the rims out on the btwin but the whistle's are aero deep v so are likely to remain truer longer.

Why say your funds are really limited and then tell us your after the more expensive kit anyway :roll:

The £300 triban is exceptional VFM, surely its about riding the thing not looking at bling but if your after bling then steel your wallet for the coming horror.

Whistle surely looks tasty! First thing what I'd have a closer look at are wheels in this price. Mine OEM Focus wheels fall apart just after 1500 miles and it's a £1k bike price range. I can't see why you should go with triple chainset, that chainring in Whistle seems to be small enough like 34t to handle any hill, well from my point of wiew anyway.

Rado, your superfit as you showed powering a single speed on a roadbike run. The Baron may not be that fit or even close and thus loads of gears may be a good idea.

Back