Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:15 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

kaiser wrote:
Can I ask why your not going to have velo's trails on the Sunday?

You should be asking his GF :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:13 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Rob surmises correctly, Sundays are girlfriend time :D

Possibly need a bit better planning for east coast rides though so that they're not always in Fife on a Sunday starting at 9 or 10. I know there is great riding in Fife but East Coast rides does suggest a wider area of operation :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:27 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

I think the pitmedden/blairadam rides are really just down to on the doorstep convenience, good for everyone to get to and just a regular run out when nothing bigger is planned. No need to change them, they work as is. If a bigger run is planned (on a sunday :) ) I'm sure they will be put aside by those that have the time to make the bigger run, although family/lass commitments affect everyone at some point so an early morning run is all some can manage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:49 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Apologies for any grumpiness I'm exhibiting, suffering a bit from Insomnia and the Seasonally Affected Disorder. I'll try to keep it in check but may struggle untill early new year :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:17 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

The Ken wrote:
I think the pitmedden/blairadam rides are really just down to on the doorstep convenience, good for everyone to get to and just a regular run out when nothing bigger is planned. No need to change them, they work as is. If a bigger run is planned (on a sunday :) ) I'm sure they will be put aside by those that have the time to make the bigger run, although family/lass commitments affect everyone at some point so an early morning run is all some can manage.

Correct :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 am 
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider
P.o.T.M. Winner / MacRetro Rider

Location: In the foothills of the foothills of The Cairngorm Massif :D
RobMac wrote:
The Ken wrote:

Correct :wink:

Sayin nuthin :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:46 am 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

I will say something, its doorstep convenience if its on your doorstep. Since the only way into fife from north and south is via narrowly defined corridors it effectively makes Fife convenient for Fife :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:03 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

velomaniac wrote:
Since the only way into fife from north and south is via narrowly defined corridors it effectively makes Fife convenient for Fife :roll:

Eh?

Don't these 'narrowly defined corridors' (I'm assuming Tay & Forth rail/road bridges) make it more convenient to get to Fife? Or do they interfere with your 1-man submarine? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:14 pm 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Its not really a geographical problem with 'V' its a transportation one if truth be told :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:29 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Sorry, grumbling again :oops:

Yes its transport issues but further even with a reliable car I dont like driving distance. This is not through laziness, i am actually scared as my attention span is poor if tired and i make mistakes which in a car on a busy road could get serious. Early starts mean tiredness before a ride, the physicality of mtb means tiredness after a ride is definite.

When kaiser and I did Strathpuffer Lite my final lap was my last because I crashed because of tiredness and it was on a reasonably flat quite easy section. Went over the handlebars because I misjudged the speed I was going into a bend and couldn't react quick enough to simply pull the brake levers. Head first into boggy ground :oops:

Imagine something like that in a car :shock:

I think realistically I wont be at a off the cuff last minute ride outwith of a relatively short distance from my home untill I have a reliable car and the SAD has deserted me in the spring.

Bummer :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next