Buzzing Around Beecraigs

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Beecraigs Country Park, near Linlithgow EH49 6PL this Saturday 20th Oct, 10 for 1030, be there or dinae

Just incase anyone wants a wee group mtb session I though I'd hop a train out to Linlithgow this saturday and check out Beecraigs Country Park. They've started improving and building fresh trails in this park this year and i thought it might be interesting to check out whats being done. At least one trail is planned to be graded red with black options though i suspect lots of mud might be involved

Anyway if your interested then post up, weather dependent obviously, but latest forecasts look nae bad :D

Can't make it, but sounds like a good place. The guy that took the skills course I did 2 weeks ago, was involved with the planning and design. He's an amazing rider and was also involved in planning Mabies skill park and jumps. He was back checking on progress recently but I'm not sure how complete it is.

Looks like it'll be just you and me at this rate. Never ridden off road at Beecraigs so it will involve exploring/making it up as you go along. Meet at the carpark as detailed by the postcode I've provided by 10-1030 on Saturday. :)

A long time since I was there but I seem to remember more up than down and classic xc kind of feel to it. Looks like the new routes may have changed that though.

Would like to have come along but my lad has just started playing football for the local team so yet another thing to take up my time. He's got a game kicking off at 10am on Saturday.

good run theat the day Velo, lots of potential in there. The bombholes area was a great find!

will be even betteronce they get the sections joined.

i would be up for a macretro trailbuilding day.

PS cheers for the len of the fiver for diesel, put it in at bridge, 10miles left on fuel counter before i put it in, but was still only 10miles left after the fivers worth lol.

Lol I think the only time the pair o us stopped yaking was when I was busy screaming going down the side of a steep rooty bomb hole wae nae feet on the pedals lol.

Back