Blairadam Sunday if ye fancy it

keithyr

MacRetro Rider
was up at Blairadam tonight and all the trails have now been cleared and found a couple of new routes into some classi Mikee trails

so if you fancy a trundle including:

- newly cleared bombhole
- new downhill route from radio mast (some sneaky fecker has cleared a new trail which avoids the really knarly bit) and the 3 downhill sections are pretty much rideable non stop right from the top to bottom.
- new entry into mikee's muddy downhill trail

and maybe some exploring other trails.

Shall we say 9.30am for a 10am start for 3hour or so run,

Weather is lookin good as well so a nice wee leg stretcher before the bigee next weekend.

shit sorry
got visitors up this weekend
look forward to the write -up

Bugger, off on holiday with the wummin. Really fancy a guided tour of there sometime. Going to miss the Inners national as well, but at least I have the consolation of going sea kayaking that weekend instead.

damn, was up there a month ago with my brother in law, tried to navigate my way to some of the mikee trials and just got lost.

also a road weekend for me, so another time pls.. enjoy

Braw morning up Blairadam with Rob and Keith, who suspiciously turned up at exactly the same time in separate cars - I don't know why they bother trying to kid anyone on. Nearly didn't go, but glad I made the effort. Found what we reckon is the majority of the old downhill track from the radio mast - of course in true Macretro style we ended up walking up the bloody thing, looks good though (some of it looks downright scary) - Definitely on the list for next time.

Unfortunately the track down from the fire-road climb (the one that starts just up from a bench) is unrideable due to all the trees that are still down - amazing how quickly the trails grow over when not in use. So we lost a trail and gained one I suppose.

Fife! Some of it's no bad
dscf5019stitch.jpg

Rob wasn't afeart of the huge drop off on the other side of the tree stump
dscf5018b.jpg

Although you can see him scarpering away from Keith's awesome bike control
dscf5016w.jpg

Good banter as usual, although a wee bit too much information from Rob about waking up beside his Marin Mount Vision. Ploughing Keith's furrow was also mentioned, although I did appreciate his 'helping hand' as I struggled up a hill...

Only one crash, with Keith wiping out at the bottom of a slippery slope - and right enough this happened only minutes after he was raving about how much more grip his big super wide maxxis tyres were giving him.

Back