Oops, I seem to have bought another bike.

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Been thinking of an RTS for a while, but none seem to come up in my size. In the mean time when browsing the classifieds here I seem to have bought another Cannondale.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

Not a bad deal including stem, bars and seat post.
Just need to decide on build. Not sure of the year but opinion seem to be 92/93 which means cantis. I have old xt 7 speed thumbies and brake lever and possibly rear mech, but only 8 speed wheels (1997). Frame has cable stops but would need a hanger for forks. Also have a stash of 97 xt and could find some v brakes and go for a mid decade build.
Not too hung up on the whole must be period hard line, just want a functional retro hardtail.

Got a week until it turns up so plenty of time to decide.

looked at that myself ,several times , but i'm not buying at the moment
looks a good project

kaiser":tlo16u4d said:
:LOL: :D nice score.

Cheers, have noticed there's no rear brake bosses in the photo, so I hope they're just missing and the threads aren't knackered.

Nice bike and nice price,very nice price given the bits included.
go with the 97 stuff you have,it gets things going and you can judge and change if any dont suit :?

dyna-ti":3r7u877k said:
go with the 97 stuff you have,it gets things going and you can judge and change if any dont suit :?

That's what I'm thinking. Lots of xt v's on flea bay at the moment at a reasonable price to go with sti units I already have. Then it's just chain set, cassette and chain plus finishing touches.

Back