How do i become a macretro ?

allterrainart

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks.

Just signed up to the retro bike forum. Living in South Edinburgh, always have. Since i have a retrobike i use some of the time, thought why not! Also have a few retro bits that i,ll be hopeing to off load in the near future. Will be leaving the country in a few months, so need to have a bit of a clearout.
My retroride is a 1995 DeKerf. DEK319. The Richey WCS prestige tubing. Still to decide wether to take it with me or sell it on. Will be moving to within a 100 miles of the DeKerf factory. A respray maybe just what it needs.
It would be good to get out with some other retroriders before i go. Though i may be a bit rusty. Retrorider too!
I also own a couple of newer machines. A Scapin Nope and On One 456 ti. Not sure if i,m a retro or a horder. But thats about it. I just enjoy riding bikes. Both Mtb and... ahmm. Road. Along with a few other fitness activities.

Cheers Arthur.

Just need to come out for a ride Arthur.

The next big MacRetro ride is the national at the start of August, but there are likely to be some small local rides before then.

Keep an eye out on the East Coast rides thread and the chat and rides thread.

Look forward to seeing your DeKerf. :D

Hi Arthur, welcome ;)

Look forward to seeing you and the DeKerf on a ride, dont worry about being Rusty, a few of the MacRetro riders should have been slung on the scrap heap a while ago (myself included) :LOL:

Quite a few of us are roadies too ;)

Would be great to see you along at one of our rides Arthur :) get that MacRetro tag before you head West. Any pics of the Dekerf? You may also get Tazio harrying you for a shot :)

kaiser":2omgvwhx said:
Any pics of the Dekerf? You may also get Tazio harrying you for a shot :)

Or trying to persuade him to leave it in Edinburgh for safekeeping.

I don't suppose you're about 5'7" by any chance? :D

So, yeah - when is the next east coast ride? I'm on holidays! :)
Should i just create one or what?!

hiya Arthur <waves>

Pitmedden on Friday evening 27th of July is the next organised ride, East coast do plenty of small Sunday morning rides - usually Blairadam or Pitmedden or the Paps.

Macretro rides and a DeKerf.

Will hope to get some pics up of the DeKerf. a. Once i,ve got some, and b. When i figure how to do it. Think i,m retro in every aspect of life. And i,m only 5,6. But thats in the morning.

Cheers for the welcome gents.

5'6" you say?

Right, I'm going to have to work out a long term charm and saving campaign I think :LOL:

Back