Torridon Aftermath, sun, sea and Mr P

The Ken

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Torridon_Panorama.jpg

Stick your photies here.... We're all alive but slightly subdued , brilliant weekend never been so tired. More later once the kids are in bed.

Well the mountain men arrived in Torridon, conquered and should all now be safely home nursing their aching limbs. Thankfully God was good to us, as it’s “God that controls the weather and not Jesus”, that’s just a little something I learned on the mountain from the wise MacRetro bunch. All weekend we were blessed with blue skies and big yellow ball they call the sun.

The journey up the west coast was good, our driver Kaiser ruled the road, whilst his in car entertainment system Clockworkgaz kept up continuously informed, and entertained with his coveted 5 CD box set “100 Hits: Dad”. Arriving at Torridon most of Team MacRetro were already familiar with the bar. Friday night excitement reigned as we demolished the pints and some of us tried a few drams, when in Rome and all that.. Last orders came and went, however the we weren’t finished and took big preperations back to the bunk house for another 1 or 2.

This was the right thing to do , as without the suitable numbing powers of alcohol, the foot/boot smell of the bunk room would have over come us.

more to come once the wife's in bed, unless I'm a sleep too

The Ride

Epic.........money supermarket epic.

IMG_3179.jpg

we're going up there :shock:

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

SS rule! ............well, survive..........just

IMG_3183.jpg

We seem to be going up

IMG_3185.jpg

The lads

IMG_3188.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

Are we there yet?............are we there yet?

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3213.jpg

F***ing rocks arghhh

IMG_3215.jpg

Velo wondering who thought it would be a good idea to carry bikes up mountains

IMG_3216.jpg

Guess what? ..........more rocks. Can you see the boys up ahead?

IMG_3224.jpg

LOOK! I got a photo of a rock

IMG_3227.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

Can you see the trail amongst the rocks?

IMG_3235.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

Mr Panda coming round the mountain

IMG_3238.jpg

Torridon, once there its just a 10 mile road ride to dinner

A couple of vids, click the pics to go to the vids

Great pics jamie and a brilliant trip as ever. I am very tired but still grinning as I managed to get away with not paying for my up lift at laggan, cheers TK ;)

Back