MacRetro National Innerleithen. Chat thread.

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Anyone interested in riding a recce of the route for the national? The national will be based around Inners and maybe heading to GT. Trying to pick up the natural trails with maybe some trail centre detours.

It should be noted though that it will be a fair old trek with less of the hundred yard chats. Looking to cover 30 kilometres plus.

Count me in, on a fitness challenge at work at the moment, a step count via pedometers, theres a distance calculation I can use to covert cycled distance. This would really boost my total so I'm up for it ;)
Problem is I'm doing a couple of hours mtb'ing in the Pentlands the day after with another group, it'll be sare legs on the Monday :LOL:

I reckon we should test it out on retro steeds. No point finding a great route for a Retro Meet that can only be done on massive travel disc braked modern kit. I'll bring a rigid steed at least ;)

count me as a possible - not at peak fitness so hoping i wont slow you guys down.

my only retro ride is my LTS which weighs about the same as a small african country so will be on my lightweight modern full susser hope i wont cramp yer style! :D

I'm never at peak fitness but as long as I have plenty carb rich food and a bike with loads of low gears I reckon i'll make it and thus reckon so will you ;)

At this point retro won't be necessary. We have loads of trails mapped out and need to find them, ride whatever is most reliable, comfiest, fastest etc.

like the sounds of this, however been working a lot recently and can't commit until nearer the time

Emergency work being done on the Forth Road bridge that weekend. This is what it says on the Traffic Scotland website..............

Forth Road Bridge - Long Delays Expected Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 March

Motorists are warned to expect long delays at the Forth Road Bridge on the mornings of Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 March. Traffic will be restricted to a single lane in both directions while repair work is carried out on the cables above the carriageway.

Restrictions will be in place from 03:00 to 12:00 noon on the morning of both Saturday 10 and Sunday 11 March. Significant queues are expected to build up after 09:00, particularly on Saturday.

Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to cross the bridge using the west footpath/cycleway.

The work has been scheduled at short notice after an inspection identified new damage to nuts on the bolts that hold the vertical hanger ropes to the bridge’s main suspension cables. The hanger ropes loop around metal castings which are bolted to the cables by 35mm diameter steel bolts, each with a nut at either end. There are 944 of these bolts.

Cracks had previously been found in a small number of the nuts during a routine inspection in 2007. These nuts were replaced and the bridge authority stated its intention to replace all of the nuts over time as and when access and resources permitted.

Back