I want one of these, must resist, must resist, resist, resi

jimihendrix

MacRetro Rider
Used to be into RC stuff, had a few touring cars, rally cars, Blitzer Beetle, Nitro Metro 6R4 etc.

Stumbled onto these by accident, two makes of LR Defender but the Tamiya one looks really nice.

Checked the prices though, basic kit is £270 (and as usual it does'nt stop there with upgrades accessories etc) , radio gear on top of that, not cheap, cracking toy though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATdmrsD_Gl8&feature=fvsr :)

Sorry Mark but that looks absolute keck. I'd end up kicking it over the obstacles. Why no a plane or a helicopter or a screaming petrol thing?

Go on admit it it was the naked wee man that done it wasn't it :LOL:

I never even noticed the wee naked man, ya friggin perv :LOL:

Never really got drifting :? , so dont see the point with R/C cars, that blue Skyline looks ace though :cool:

Had a petrol R/C car before, that was fun, very noisy and smelly though.

Always fancied a Helicopter but the proper ones are very expensive.

Na, will be leaving it, last thing i need is more toys to spend money on, maybe someday though.

ive got a yokomo drift car.. hks s15...(original drift cars imported from japan)

absolutly awsome fun did cost loads of cash tho..
its for sale if you have deep pockets.. ;)

I think you would be bored with that Defender after 10 minutes - They should have stuck a rockcrawler chassis underneath.

I've still got my old Tamiya... almost 24 years old now and still going....
car_414.jpg

It's a super sabre with a thundershot shell. I also had a Mugen 1/8th scale offroader but I had to sell that to pay my rent one month :( - that was good for 55/60mph.

miniKen has a Maverick Strada and for an out of the box kit it is pretty amazing, there is a brushless version too which is good for 40mph. He also has a midi size helicopter he got for xmas - really good, think it was £40 quid in maplins radio gear so can be flown inside or out as long as there is no wind.

mv12601.jpg

If you want to visit a good RC shop Marionville Models near South Gyle in edinburgh is definately worth a visit - they will give you good advice, scotty there is also into rockcrawlers.

Back