Bikes- how many you got?

clockworkgazz

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Thinking 6 is to many (of course it is) wondered, how many everyones got? Mine are all complete bikes but you can count frames too as I know lots of you have many projects on the go.

Do you want more or could you do with getting shut of a few?

I'm currently sitting at 7 plus a frame.
2 of the 7 are awaiting building and still needing some components, one of the 7 just needs finished and the rest are all complete.
The plus one is pretty much just a frame swap for now, with a few changes, which is why it doesn't really count as a bike! :oops:

I don't think it is out of hand yet. There are a couple of holes in the collection that will be filled when the right bike comes along, but largely I will be maintaining a one in, one out policy.

I hope.

My wife is just happy that my motorbike collection has dropped from 4 to 3! ;)

I've gave up on this guilt trip a while back, for me it now is what it is. Constantly in flux but by and large growing. I do feel guilty about having so many incomplete projects or things that have just lost there way but I'm trying to remedy that(unsuccessfully :LOL: ). If anything I could get rid of a few to generate some cash to finish/start some more but I realise reducing the headcount because having so many bikes is stupid is not going to happen unless I start doing something else.

As you can see I've avoided counting how many I have :LOL:

Well I've only got 4...

Mine:
GT Xizang
Gazelle Superbe
Marin Shoreline Trail (project)
Claude Butler Electron (project - wheelless)

However there are 17 in total, all be it a few are very small.

Family Projects:
Rockhopper f&f (for Marnie)
MiniBurner Mk1 BMX - doing a rework for UmK's birthday, he's E.T. daft so as it's a looptail so I am making an E.T. style kuwahara with mini milkcrate basket.

Complete Family bikes:
Edin Bike Coast (Ladies)- hardly ridden, frame is too big - I keep "borrowing" the wheels from this for temporary projects.
Stolen score bmx
Hotrock girls 20''
Islabike Beinn 20''
Konalised 46er
Wooden Walky Bike - "I want to keep this forever Dad"

Bikes waiting to leave/be sold/cycle works donations:
Voodoo Nzumbi BMX (new, sitting in the box it came in)
MiniBurner Mk1 BMX - original spec
Raleigh Max 14'' - mK's first bike - good nick and well made unlike the newer raleighs
BSO frame and forks 14'' - moved the Raleigh bits over to this as the frame suited UmK more, need to put them back now and dump this one.
Trek MT60 - almost complete.

Back