Roadie outing - 28th October - APPROX 60 MILES!

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
So - this is a current hot topic with all these lightweight frame purchases :LOL:

I suggest circuit of Loch Tay - pretty easy for most of us to get to. Start/finish at Killin (west) or Kenmore (east). Approx 60miles.

What say ye's ye bams?

Safe to assume multiple cake and coffee stops? post ride fish n chips taken care of in Callander :D

60 miles? My back would divorce me...

Where did 60 miles come from? I've just plotted it on the mapping system at work and come up with a 35 mile circuit Killin to Kenmore and back. Did it twice and got same answer.

Just checked RAC routeplanner which gives 33 miles.

If I'm off I'll be up for it, one of the longer routes mind.

The routes above are my weekend training schedule from march, intend doing one every 2 weeks in that order with perhaps 2 weeks of the full route if I get time, but other rides will get priority (like torridon).

This should allow me to try different foods and stuff to see what I'll need on the day. I have promised myself no rucksack (full of shite) for these rides - if it doesn't fit in my pocket it's not going.

I now posses Ecks old size huge 10speed Dawes racer which I'm tweaking so i reckon i could do up to 60 road miles provided flat out pace is not required. My backgrounds tourist not roady so distance at a leisurely pace is my game. So yes I'm up for it ;)

Route I had in mind was - Killin - Glen Lochay to Kenknock Farm - over the col to Glen Lyon - through Invervar to Fortingall - Kenmore - south Loch Tay road to Killin :D
From memory its just short of 60miles and goes through some great traffic free scenery :cool:

That keeps off the busy A827 and yes is longer than the simple loch loop.

Back