Torridon, 28th/29th April 2012

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Decided to try to nail down the much touted Torridon trip. For no other reason than to hedge off a pile of procrastination I've already picked the date! This also allows us to book as I believe it'll be busy. I've done a wee bit of research and have several options. A two dayer or a single. Because of the remoteness I reckon staying the night before the main event, i.e travelling up on the Friday. I have a fairly tough route but it appears there may be an easier option and also another route out of the same start. The two dayer would be made up of a combination of these. Soo anyone interested?

up for this to but like the panda, tis to early to commit fully on the date should be fine for 2 day one, not wanting to do some SAS type challange mind ;)

Yes sir, although I was planning on doing my toenails cerise on the 29th. I suppose i could reschedule.

Something like this

4176789037_e93455e274_o.png

Theres another route out of the top into the forest but I have less details on that one.

I reckon as long as a few are going it'll be fine, leave the booking to your own discretion but be aware its a busy place with very little accomodation, a hotel and a hostel as far as I can tell.

zigzag":9ph3o4bs said:
Yes sir, although I was planning on doing my toenails cerise on the 29th. I suppose i could reschedule.

The way you put yer self oot furr yer mates is wonderfull
am fillin up :cry:

We could make it three nights and have a pyjama party on the 29th. Do our nails, bit of vajazzle'in, big box of miniature heroes?

I'm up for this but ideally would like to get a couple of rides in, even if one was a shorter ride preceding the drive home as it's quite a drive to get up there.

If it's the route you suggested in the rides thread, I'm sure this is the route I did in June. Route 8 Torridon Circuit in the Phil McKane, Scotland Mountain Biking book.

Back