kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Where: Glentress

When: Friday 21st October,6:30 at the Squirrel carpark, then 7:30 at the Buzzard carpark.

What: A mix of the red and blue

Attendees:

Kaiser +1
TK
Velo
gmac123
DrS
keithyr +2
mikee
ZZ
Rumble
Simonside
gmac123
BaronVonT
Uphillcursing2

So who is up for it? Anything you want to discuss bring it up :D

GT has a good rep for night riding plus most folk have been there enough not to get lost as there will be an absence of illumination ;)

Pie run in the dark :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm coming around to giving it a go but seriously need to think lights. Got to do something to comemorate 35 years :roll:

Semi decent but cheap lights recommendations please to help me avoid hitting a tree. Also explain lumens/watts etc as no two manufacturers seem to use the same grading :?

I will, if I go rim brake rear, fit my Panasonic retrofit hub dynamo. It fits to a standard small flange shimano rear hub and is by dynamo standards, powerful and efficient with minimal drag :LOL:

should be done with those old duracell lights ,not this new stuff

whats the dress code /bike requirements ?[/i]

velomaniac":2ub2end5 said:
Semi decent but cheap lights recommendations please to help me avoid hitting a tree. Also explain lumens/watts etc as no two manufacturers seem to use the same grading :?

I will, if I go rim brake rear, fit my Panasonic retrofit hub dynamo. It fits to a standard small flange shimano rear hub and is by dynamo standards, powerful and efficient with minimal drag :LOL:

I have some Night Rider MiNewt Duos that you can have Velo. There is a loose connection somewhere in one of the wires but if you give it a waggle and then tape it to the side of the battery under tension they work fine. I used them for a year like that so no reliability issues once working. They are 800 lumen and the battery is good for 3 hours. I will dig out the charger tonight and check that they still work. Send me a PM with your address and I will fire them up to you later this week.

Si

Nice one folks :D

mikee":8cmuugcl said:
whats the dress code /bike requirements ?[/i]

mikee I reckon err on the side of safety! bring what you feel comfortable with. Let this one be about the ride not the bike! :D

velomaniac":2jaxk5t3 said:
GT has a good rep for night riding plus most folk have been there enough not to get lost as there will be an absence of illumination ;)

Pie run in the dark :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm coming around to giving it a go but seriously need to think lights. Got to do something to comemorate 35 years :roll:

GT is favourite for me. V, Si has offered lights and I can provide some kinda helmet torch too.

EDIT: berm baby berm in the dark :D

Back