I need a holiday...

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
.... more than ever,

Can anyone recommend anything good in the southern half of MacLand?

doesn't necessarily need to be bike related, just nice a quiet, away from everything, oh and decent weather.. :LOL:

I appreciate the last this there might be difficult ;) . We need a family holiday and we've done England Ireland and Wales already this year, so wanna try a proper country now.. ;) :cool: :D

steve
a bit further north but aviemore ,dalfaber is worth a look
i'll have a looksee what else is going to suit you

Pretty much what Dyna says, Dumfries and Galloway, cross the border at Gretna north of Carlisle and turn left (westward). Lots of lovely coastal villages and wee towns plus several of the 7stanes mtb centres near by. Dumfries is a nice town as is Newton Stewart further west. Drumlanrig castle has biking, gardens and stately home with associated craft shops and cafe. Lead mining museum near as well. Beaches, forest, hills etc etc
I'm selling it so well I think I want to holiday there :D

Dumfries

velomaniac":23am6kjl said:
Pretty much what Dyna says, Dumfries and Galloway, cross the border at Gretna north of Carlisle and turn left (westward). Lots of lovely coastal villages and wee towns plus several of the 7stanes mtb centres near by. Dumfries is a nice town as is Newton Stewart further west. Drumlanrig castle has biking, gardens and stately home with associated craft shops and cafe. Lead mining museum near as well. Beaches, forest, hills etc etc

^^^^ glad to see you're selling my home area well!!! :LOL: another nice part in that neck of the woods is Kirkcudbright, it's near the coast, it's also central to alot of the 7 stanes and ideal for the Galloway forest park. Lots of nice self catering places in that area too.

cheers

Greig.

cheers for all the input, fellas.

I'll start searching some of the suggestions, see what comes up.

dyna-ti":3vz70n1e said:
You also have Luce bay,known for its shark fishing ;)

+1 on that
drummore , in the middle of nowhare ,and fantastic if the weathers good

Re: Dumfries

GMC":2gqw4nsv said:
velomaniac":2gqw4nsv said:

^^^^ glad to see you're selling my home area well!!! :LOL: another nice part in that neck of the woods is Kirkcudbright, it's near the coast, it's also central to alot of the 7 stanes and ideal for the Galloway forest park. Lots of nice self catering places in that area too.

cheers

Greig.

Just back from kirkcudbright and agree a brilliant part of the world and really handy for the trails.

Latest posts

Back