Rural road run rumination

therealkw15

MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Greetings. I've been away but now I'm back, to paraphrase Hope Sandoval in the JAMCs Sometimes Always.

Blame the Tour de France, which has filled my working afternoons and displaced the work to my cycling evenings. The irony.

But I'm mad keen for an adventure, and slightly dismayed that the Clan Gathering is the day after the second Saturday in August, which is of course the Orkney County Show Day. The diaspora returns to Orkney for this, so it is churlish to be away then as you miss your pals when they are home.

I digress. I was on Scotland in midweek briefly, only as far as Thurso and Dounreay, and as I cycled back to the ferry I saw the big green sign on the road heading along the north coast that always tempts me: 'Ullapool 150 miles'.

Now this is just a kite I'm flying, but it is perhaps the remotest road in the UK, and gruellingly hilly - I know you boys like a challenge. Can this be attached to something else? Should we find out what Elphin Chicken Fun Day is all about?

5031679450_a5897a2532_z.jpg

Thank you Stephen for reminding me to go back and look at that thread again. Also somewhat embarassed that I had to go and google JAMC... :oops:

We really need to get the Nevis loop sorted methinks.

If folk were bothered to go that far north why not get the ferry to Okney and do a run there lead by our man in the isles ;)

velomaniac":2p3ljbbv said:
If folk were bothered to go that far north why not get the ferry to Okney and do a run there lead by our man in the isles ;)

I'm game, but there's not a lot of mountain biking here - road is a better bet. Just so you are aware of that.

In case you wonder why I didn't endorse this right away, it's because I am currently sweltering in the north of Italy :)

Back