Drumlanrig Recce Aftermath

zigzag

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
Waiter's outfit, massive magic mushroom and penny farthings. Just another normal MacRetro ride...

Rob ready for his silver service shift up the castle after the ride
dscf1284f.jpg

Jimi be trippin'... (yes that's a bit of huge mushroom, not loaf)
dscf1296a.jpg

Velo - a man born 100 years too late
dscf1304o.jpg

dscf1305v.jpg

dscf1306c.jpg

Great to get back to the Drum. Weather was not the best, but didn't spoil the ride. Red route recce - Wet roots and tight corners after the short initial climb. Very unforgiving, right in at the technical deep end stuff, we'll have to make sure folks are taking it easy at the start especially if wet. Cam coped really well, including nailing the 'are you a man or mincer' rooty drop towards the end of the red with a bit of guidance from dad. He was even up for a black route recce after we'd finished the red. Reckon we should do the final bit of the black as part of our morning Drum ride, rather than ride up the Castle drive, tarmac being a pretty poor way to end any ride.

Great day out gents, as always.

dscf1285m.jpg

dscf1286z.jpg

dscf1287o.jpg

dscf1288w.jpg

dscf1289i.jpg

dscf1290ym.jpg

dscf1291b.jpg

dscf1292g.jpg

dscf1293g.jpg

dscf1295h.jpg

dscf1297a.jpg

dscf1298e.jpg

dscf1299n.jpg

dscf1302t.jpg

Today it was very good I enjoyed the red trail and I felt like doing the black trail as well. Did you all have a great time?

I still think that I have better forks than old man forks! I like the picture of the old bike. I loved the day and would do it again.

Cracking day :) , even the rain did'nt spoil things too much, cant wait till next month now.

Cam did amazingly well :D , rigid forks are not "old man forks" :LOL: , rigid forks can be great, just a different style of riding ;)

I enjoyed that :cool:

I dragged a townsend hybrid in SS form around the Drum hopefully proving that the Drum is SS friendly and indeed teaching me that large wheels do work. As a result in a conservative party style U-turn I might entertain a 29er in my repetoire :roll:

Great fun, thanks all ;)

Gazz found a tramp in the woods then though he'd have better uses of his old coat :?
IMG_1182.jpg

If you look very carefully you'll just about see Velo hiding in the undergrowth on your extreme left................does he look a bit like Robbie Williams or is it just me :shock:
IMG_1179.jpg

I love Drumlanrig :D Wish I could come :(

velomaniac":14pq0a7p said:
As a result in a conservative party style U-turn I might entertain a 29er in my repetoire Rolling Eyes

You know it ;)

Back