Drumlanrig planning thread!

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Not long till the Drum meet :D anything you'd like to discuss or add stick it in here. So far.....

When? Sunday 14th August
Where? Drumlanrig!

Looking at possibly making this a RETRO ONLY! And having a bike of the region compie!

Probably setting out in two groups, one taking on the red and one taking on the black. Need some volunteers for front and back markers.

I'm going to organise a couple of trips in the next few weeks if anyone is interested in coming, they may be midweek though.

There has been a few ideas but I was thinking keep it simple for now but if the lot of us have something they really want to include we'll work it in.

:D

I'll do Red route back marker nae bother. I'm better at sheperding in strays than leading the pack plus bits of the black scare me :roll:

Hopefully be able to swing a midweek Drum visit in July or August, its not too busy at work those months.

Simple is good
I like the retro only but as it is a national we might not want to put anyone off.

Ideas:

Guided museum tour?
Which Scottish confectionery will we thrust upon our visitors - Highland Toffee and use the cow on a "poster"? Or stay with Tunnocks but go the wafers route

Due to distance I'll probably make a weekend of it and come down on the Saturday - is there camping on site or near by?

This one is a no way for me I'm afraid. I think I have about one day off for all of August.

Guided museum tour is easy, its basically just 2 rooms. I imagine theres camping near by but theres loads of good spots for rough camping, a deep flat bottomed valley that the road from Wanlockhead takes on route to Drum looked popular with campervans and tents.
As for confectionary I reckon McCowans toffee is a goer ;)

Tazio":2ol47afn said:
This one is a no way for me I'm afraid. I think I have about one day off for all of August.

14th is as good a day as any :D

Camping will speak to Rik next time I'm down but I'm fairly certain theres no on site camping.

I'd like to stick to retro only but if everyone else wants to open it up it'd be fine. My reasoning was it is the retrobike national and tbh I don't think we ride all retro or even 50% retro often enough.

There was on site camping for the big SSUK event I attended on the big field below the castle. Mind you that involved marqee and portaloos so is well beyound us but surely there's something nearby.

I feel we must go Retro but also as most of us have several bikes we could bring spares along to try and entice those without to do the retro thing ;)

Possible early doors recce on Sunday morning if anyone is interested.

I was gonna ask about campsites for the main event as it's quite a trek for me (240 miles/4.5hrs each way)

Are there any more in the area in case that one is booked up?

I know it's a planning thread, but what are the red and black like technically and length wise?

Back